Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tuscany: moods light and dark

I don't want to over-post, so these will perhaps be my last ones for a while: I'm assembling another Florence/Tuscany gallery over on PBase, so do drop in and have a browse!
These are around Florence and San Gimignano.There is something about the place that really engages one's drive to just strive that little more in one's,er, art.
Again, any details, please ask.
These were all with the 70-200 f4L(IS)...oops: I lied!...number 3 was the 16-35 at 16mm.

[Image: 46_d1.jpg]

[Image: d2.jpg]

[Image: l1.jpg]

[Image: l2.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Last one is fantastic - others are a little over processed for my taste.

Canon stuff.

Hey Zig:

I really like #1. I think you walked the line on the processing perfectly to take what was already a great view and turn it into a work of art. Beautiful.

I *want* to like #2 - but something is slightly off for me on that one - and I haven't quite put my finger on it, yet. I think it has to do with the shadow in the lower right corner, but not sure.

I disagree with everybody; they're excellent and above criticism, which is why I avoided the critique gallery.

Big Grin

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Zig Wrote:I disagree with everybody; they're excellent and above criticism, which is why I avoided the critique gallery.

Big Grin
Point taken...

[edit] I also avoid the critiques section for that very reason...

I agree.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Great pictures, indeed! but they are not my favorites from your gallery... The textured pictures of the church are the ones I love the most... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hi Zig, these are all nice works and showing us your artistic and creative part.

Number 1, especially the building in the front of the page standing so impressive, the light and shadow are amazing here...

Number 2, looking from darkness to the landscape into the light... actually not impressive as the first one! But as I said, you give us another looking way for a view...

Number 3, the colours are amazing... like a painting!

and the last one, yes, this is my best one too, well captured.

Thank you for sharing with us, it was enjoyable,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Pegger3D
Jun 29, 2016, 11:11