Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Two more attempts w/ edit

Thanks for the comments on the original post and here is my 'edit' to the one photo 'Fence and country stream' with those comments in mind. The first problem I had was that the blue tinge in the rear trees was in the original photo not from the processing. So here is my attempt at re-editing that photo.

here is the first photo

and here is the re-edit

as usual comments are always welcomed.

The branches definitely look better than in the previous photos. Did you bump up the clarity as well?

(Mar 24, 2014, 07:41)kNox Wrote:  The branches definitely look better than in the previous photos. Did you bump up the clarity as well?
Yes I bumped up the clarity as well as playing with the contrast and highlights.

Jim,

In my opinion, the general appearance of the original was very good. However, although the edit has made the tops of the branches look more realistic, it has almost completely lost the blue everywhere, and has disturbed the attractive tones throughout the image. I would expect the sky still to be blue and, consequently, the reflections in the water and snow should also show blue tones. Sometimes the processing from the original needs to proceed in small steps, and only on selected parts of the image. In this case, the blue needs reducing only on and around the tops of the branches, and the brightness below the sky needs a very slight reduction to lessen the glare of the snow. I agree that a little clarity and contrast does also benefit the result.

Cheers.
Philip

(Mar 24, 2014, 07:18)Jim F Wrote:  Thanks for the comments on the original post and here is my 'edit' to the one photo 'Fence and country stream' with those comments in mind. The first problem I had was that the blue tinge in the rear trees was in the original photo not from the processing. So here is my attempt at re-editing that photo.

here is the first photo

and here is the re-edit

as usual comments are always welcomed.
I like the third one you posted! Ironically when I scrolled down the computer was only showing the fence the river and the snow. It cropped of the trees in the background at just above what looks like a falling horizontally across the photo. Belive or not, I loved that, didn't even need the sky and trees! :-) Di

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Jun 22, 2010, 10:07