Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ummm ok what does this mean

"assymetric composition and light mix used throughout"

Please explain, I need to know before I make an announcement

Canon EOS 350D Digital Camera , 2gig Scandisk Ultra II CF Card, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Lens, EF 28mm f2.8 Lens Wide Angle, Macro 58mm Lens kit (1+ 2+ 4+ 10+), Hoya 58mm PL-CIR Polariser, Optek PT3900 Pro Series Tripod

Kerridwyn's Photography Gallery

It's a phrase used in an email sent out by the organisers of a photo contest scam run by circle of photographers, or at least someone exploiting their website.

They use a phoney photo contest with a potential $5000 prize... but you have to buy their manuscript to qualify.... they say it is priced at $39.00... but the shopping cart mysteriously jumps to $80 when you try to check out.

OF course... you may of heard the phrase in a totally different context.

Lol... my wife entered one of those contests too, but for poetry.

She submitted a poem entitled "Ode to Mr Smiley" with the famous "How shall I compare thee?" from Shakespeare word for word.

and they said that she won and her entry will be published in their "journal". Of course, you have to pay $50 or some ridiculous amount for their "journal"...

Did you win a competition? Now I am curious about your announcement....

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

EnglishBob Wrote:It's a phrase used in an email sent out by the organisers of a photo contest scam run by circle of photographers, or at least someone exploiting their website.

They use a phoney photo contest with a potential $5000 prize... but you have to buy their manuscript to qualify.... they say it is priced at $39.00... but the shopping cart mysteriously jumps to $80 when you try to check out.

OF course... you may of heard the phrase in a totally different context.

Sad its a scam???? I thought I had actually been picked for something ...here is the email and I did make a submission to there site;

http://www.mysticktech.com/published/

*sigh* this really sickens me that people would do this, I feel stupid as this was sent around work to, all the staff members

Well least it gave a chance for all of them to see what I can do if anything

Canon EOS 350D Digital Camera , 2gig Scandisk Ultra II CF Card, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Lens, EF 28mm f2.8 Lens Wide Angle, Macro 58mm Lens kit (1+ 2+ 4+ 10+), Hoya 58mm PL-CIR Polariser, Optek PT3900 Pro Series Tripod

Kerridwyn's Photography Gallery

I suppose it's not exactly a scam... if you want to give your ego a (albeit pretty fake) boost, then it would be kinda cool seeing your photo in a official looking publication.

The scam bit is how they probably declare every a "winner" and get people to purchase the books...

I am sorry, really Sad

And they don't even know how to write "asymmetric" :/

Some people....

Cheer up!! I am sure you will win a true competition one of these days, your pictures are great!! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Actually ST, there a a couple of sites out there with LOTS of people that ordered it and NEVER recieved the book, the one on the picture of their website looks photoshopped to me.

EnglishBob Wrote:Actually ST, there a a couple of sites out there with LOTS of people that ordered it and NEVER recieved the book, the one on the picture of their website looks photoshopped to me.

Wow, I take it back then! Stay away! Big Grin