Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Union Cavalry Troopers.

Click for larger image.

[Image: normal_union%20cavalry.jpg]

Nice shot - best of this series so far, I think. You should get ride of the chain link fence behind if you can.

Thanks Toad, the grid in teh background is actually a green wooden latticework... I do intend to get rid of it when I have the time.

Excellent mate; full on for drama, movement, grouping, lighting...and just about everything else.
(Maybe just selective blur would do for the background? How about a tighter crop around these so that horse's head is sharp up against bottom left corner? Shut up Zig!)

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

The blur is a good idea, and this is surprisingly sharp considering it was hand held at 300mm.

I find it's never good to have a critter tight up towards the edge it is facing "leaves it nowhere to go" is the usual comment.

Cool; btw, by " sharp up" I mean "tight up"(divided by a common language, and all that Big Grin )

(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I know Zig... I'm from Nottingham originally... divided by the Same language! Big Grin

Awmate! I too from Notts; born and grew up in Retford. Big Grin

My sister and her husband lived in Retford in the early 70's. I was born in Nottingham, just off Mansfield road but moved to Ilkeston before I was one.

Great shot Craig. I like the look on the soldiers face. Even if he does look a little bit Asian. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

He's very asian! And when I questioned one of the re-enactors about it, apparently there were asians in the regiment his uniform pertains too! they also wore those different hats.

Great shot, Craig. I love the DOF. If this were my pic, I'd replace the background completely with something dramatic, to make it look more authentic. The family picknick on the left just doesn't fit. And it's a pity that the guy behind the Asian rider just shows his ear, I'd get rid of this too. Hope you don't mind, I really like the picture. The expressions on the riders' faces are spot on.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Thanks for the comments G.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Petographer
Feb 13, 2007, 20:01