Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Vancouver Landscapes with my new GF1

Here are a couple of photos that I took while walking near the Ocean.

I bought a Panasonic GF1 last week with a 20mm F1.7 prime lens (40mm equiv), and these are some of the first photos with it. Its a brilliant little thing and takes wonderful shots. It is the perfect companion for walks.

[Image: Lateral%20Beach.jpg]

[Image: On%20the%20Little%20Beach.jpg]

A lot of people are going the route of GF1. Nice and small system, good quality images. I am just not yet ready to give up optical viewfinder (or my investment in Nikon lenses). This is a nice photo. Are those chromatic aberations I see along the upper edge of the foreground large rock and around the nose-like cliff outcrop. I can not tell at this size

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

Dreamingpixels Wrote:Are those chromatic aberations I see along the upper edge of the foreground large rock and around the nose-like cliff outcrop.
No - I suspect those are just compression artifacts from making the photo so small. The original TIFF doesn't show anything even at 100% crop.

I hear what you are saying about your investment in lenses - I have a lot of them myself. I suspect the GF1 does better photos however than the my DSLR that I left at home...

I like a lot to see the rocky foreground against the skyline with all those buildings of the City. Very nice composition Toad.

Is the second one one picture or a panorama ?

I like the color in both... it looks cold... Wink

Congratulations on your new toy!!
I can see that there will be more pictures coming from you. That makes me happy... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma. They are crops not panos..

!
My, that's one lens there. A re-badged Leica mate, and twice as nice at half the price: that's a real "retro" focal length I guess, in equivalent terms. If I had any spare dosh at all I'd be sorely tempted. Nice dynamic range even with the websize, Rob: I'd really value as many in depth observations as you've time for on this babby, if that's at all possible without spending an undue amount of time..? A fascinating little thing..and really interesting to see these tasty primes in this format as this niche seems to be getting a new lease of life. They'll be doing digital Voigtlanders next...:|...
....mind you, Nikon have that very thing covered pretty well I guess. Mighty interesting.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Zig - thanks for the comment. The dynamic range impressed me as well. Not a speck of HDR on these, and not that much processing either - just a really nice exposure.

...and to be totally honest, these tiny web images don't do the original photos justice at all. I have had this camera about 5 days and have taken a couple of hundred shots already. It just comes to hand so easily when you are out and about.

Another beautiful photographs, where was I for all these posts Smile Fascinated me dear Robert,

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

thanks nia...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post