Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Variations on an interesting building

This is the office of the Newcastle City Council, it's a bit out of the ordinary - its a rainy dull Saturday afternoon and I had a bit of fun with the original following a tutorial on the PhotoshopSupport.com website. I am trying to upgrade my pp skills Wink

[Image: NCC_01.jpg]

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Cool!

I like the effect.

The building looks like a giant lens. Big Grin

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Pat, I really like a lot what you did in this picture... Very nice treatment... My only suggestion would be to replace to sky.. I think a lovely blue sky with some interesting clouds would add more interest to your image.... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

You are right Irma, should have paid more attention to the sky, but it was my first attempt. I am thinking of using this technique on the photographs that will accompany my historical publication I am working on at the moment.

Cheers,
Pat

really interesting processing. like it! Can we see the original, or would you rather not show it?

Actually, I like the white sky, goes well with the strong contrast in the building's structure

Uli

original image as requested :/

[Image: uli.jpg]

Cheers,
Pat

Shades of the old days. I can remember being hoisted on the petard for doing this. However it llooks good to me. You can almost make a dishtowel out of it.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks Pat... Smile

When I saw your original picture I realized you had detail in the sky and I gave it a try with my original idea of having a blue sky in the picture.

Tried with the plastic doll action but I think it didn't work because of the size of the picture but it is a nice action to work with architecture pictures.

I am sure you can get detail in the clouds, if you have a raw file, and work with two exposures... So there is no need to add another sky... Smile I am testing a post processing with high pass filter. It gives a nice result in some pictures and I liked in this one.

[Image: uli_plasticdoll.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

More subtle change, I like it, can you tell me more about the plastic doll action, never heard of it and no info when I google it.

Cheers,
Pat

Pat,

Here you can see a picture I posted time ago with this action. I added another picture too...

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewto...124#p58124

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Zig
May 7, 2011, 04:54