Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Grampians Trip (warning 56k users)

Hi all,

Finally had time to sort through my images from our camping trip to the Grampians. I managed to put the new Nikon D50 through its paces and am very happy... Here are some of my favourites - enjoy!

1. Setting up our tent
Great thing about being a photographer is that you get out of doing work... Big Grin
[Image: DSC_0017.JPG]

2. Camp mates
We had some visitors pop around to the campsite. They were pretty tame - I was around 2 metres away and they kep happily munching away on grass. Aww, the one on the left has a little joey in its pouch!
[Image: DSC_0047.JPG]

3. Waterfall
You've probably seen my waterfall pics at McKenzies Falls - these were from another angle
[Image: DSC_0077.JPG]

4. Rock formation #18873
There were very beautiful and interesting rock formations in the mountain regions - this was on a arduous hike up to the Pinnacle, on day 2.
[Image: DSC_0165.JPG]

5. View from The Pinnacle
Took us 2 hours of steep climbing to reach the top, but was very much worth it. Pity about the haze though... The campsite we stayed at is down below.
[Image: DSC_0198.JPG]

6. Rocky steps
It's quite amazing to see formations like these - it's like someone created a staircase for us...
[Image: DSC_0270.JPG]

7. Rock, paper, scissors
A big square block wedged in a canyon, and a little waterfall hiding in the background...
[Image: DSC_0284.JPG]

8. Mountainside
That would make one great giant slide, I bet...
[Image: DSC_0300.JPG]

hi

nice shots, i am always impresed with the colour and how clean the images that come out froma digital. love the colours of the blue sky and the brown of the rocks

nice

christian

Great shots and a lovely scenery, Julian! I especially love the waterfall with the rainbow, but the others are no less impressive. Ah I should have gone to Bavaria this summer...

It does look like you had a lot of fun! Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Looks like a fun trip Jules. Hoppers all around the camp site too, wow! Too cool. Great scenery shots too. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Agreed - looks like a great trip - my fav would be the one from the Pinnacle.

Thanks all.. it was a great trip indeed! Big Grin

Julian i didn't know you invited Whoopie Goldberg along!
The rock formations are incredible,and what a view. Wink

Raoul Wrote:Julian i didn't know you invited Whoopie Goldberg along!

Haha... whoopi is actually my wife... hope she doesn't read this! Big Grin

Your pictures are great!! Smile #5 View from The Pinnacle is beautiful... I like very much the composition in #6 as well...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post