Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Volterra, Italy, Review.

I think I never posted this picture because it was o sad. Took it with my FZ20, two years ago. I played a bit with the picture and with the help of a new sky I got this... Smile

[Image: IMG_1277-01.jpg]

What do you think about the colors? I am truly crazy. In summer all my pictures were kind of desaturated, too much colors out there... Now in a gray winter all my pictures are super colorful... Smile

Thanks a lot for your comments. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

It really pops out at you, like 3D. The colours look so true to life and the sky is fine.
I would have had the sky reversed horizontally. You wish to know why?
The tree at the front seems to be blowing left to right, and the dark clouds seem to be blowing right to left. When you are concentrating on getting something so perfect in PS, then you miss other minor things.
Don't change it for me, it still works, and other people may disagree with me.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I think it is superb.

Thanks so much NT for your comment. I appreciete it a lot. You gave me another point I have to consider next time I change a sky.. Big Grin

Happy Saturday to you Smile

Paul Cezanne

Toad!!

Thanks, so happy to see you... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Wow!. Very dramatic. I'd be very proud of this one.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks so much Colin. Happy to see you around too... Smile

Paul Cezanne

I really like the colors . i think its a great shot, and very dramatic feel to it. Thanks for sharring this with us.

...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Very good Irma - so dramatic and the light really matches with the sky.

Canon stuff.

Good eye NT
I mess around with pictures abit So when I do I will keep this in mind.
Lorraine

Bye the way Irma I love the picture

Hi Irma

I like this but it looks a little too pronounced. Perhaps you could blur the edges of the building slightly to blend into the background a little more? Otherwise very dramatic!

Ivan

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Thanks so much for your comments... Smile
I took the picture of the sky few weeks ago, thinking that one day I would use it as a background. I never thought It would look so dramatic.

Chris, that was part of the proyect, to match the color of both pictures. My original picture of the building was flat, it was a jpg. So with a bit of HDR I could change the color and give more contrast. Warm colors thought would fit best for the place.

Ivan This is something I have to practice a lot, I am not so good at cut out. Next time I will work with different settings in the lasso tool.

For those interested in this kind of post processing I leave you the link of the tutorial I based my work on.

http://www.3dm3.com/tutorials/photoshop/dark_house/

Thanks again.

Paul Cezanne

Hi Irma. I have to do a lot of cut outs as part of my work. I find if I use a 1 or 2px feather with the lasso tool then this give a slight blend to the edges. Kind of depends on what the original background is though. Thanks for the article link post will check it out as again I often have to remove or replace backgrounds quite a lot.

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by johnytrout
Jan 9, 2015, 03:35