Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WRECEKED ON MULL

HI ALL , PUT THIS PIC IN LOCAL ANNUAL PRINT COMPETITION GOT 19 POINTS FROM 20 BUT WAS NOT AT JUDGEING AS I WORK SHIFTS SO MAYBE SOMEONE CAN EXPLAIN IN LAMENS TERMS WHAT JUDGES COMMENTS MEAN ,HERE ARE THE COMMENTS.

This image is well balanced and the hulls are in a good position within the print. The light & shadows could be more worked and with some selective contrast work to bring the scene more alive.
BOBSTER

Attached Files Image(s)

Meaning that some parts are too contrasty, others not contrasty enough, the over all tonal balance is not good. Time of year/weather does not help. Here is 3/4 mts. in Photoshop CS2, which I seldom use, it's on a Laptop. The file size is 63Kb, does not help. Still could be improved on, I should think, but gives you the idea. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

The sky is very noisy like it was just blown out. You almost have to introduce an artificial sky if you don't have a half filter.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

MANY THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK

(Apr 4, 2014, 10:26)EdMak Wrote:  Meaning that some parts are too contrasty, others not contrasty enough, the over all tonal balance is not good. Time of year/weather does not help. Here is 3/4 mts. in Photoshop CS2, which I seldom use, it's on a Laptop. The file size is 63Kb, does not help. Still could be improved on, I should think, but gives you the idea. Ed.
MANY THANKS FOR FEEDBACK I HAVE PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 11

EVERY DAY IS A LEARNING DAY