Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Water Play

Here are a few water shots that were pretty fun to do.

[Image: DSC00508b_aqua.jpg]

[Image: DSC00568b.jpg]

[Image: DSC00643_aetherized.jpg]

[Image: DSC00555b.jpg]

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Really wondeful work - all so differently composed, lit and colored, I could never pick a favorite. Well Done!!

well done fantastic shots can not pick a favorite

wow!

how did you do them? They look marvellous.
I think I like no 1 best...

Uli

Great work, they are so sharp and detailed. Love them all.

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Beautiful Sharon - number 1 grabs me the most.

Canon stuff.

fantastic shots! The colour and detail in #1 and #2 are brilliant.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Very nice. I'd love to try this, but it's still a little intimidating for me. My favourite is #4, because I enjoy the unusual pattern of droplets. It looks like bubbles in glass.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Wow, really well done!

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Thanks everyone. My technique for doing this really isn’t as complicated as it seems. First I got a bowl and put it in the sink under the water faucet. I put some brightly colored stones in it and turned on the faucet. I had my macro lens on, my camera set to shutter priority, 1/1000, and my flash on low. I placed a spoon (whatever’s on hand would do) in the spot where the water fell so that my auto focus could focus on the correct spot (maybe easier with manual focus, but not with my camera). Once I was focused, I moved the spoon and just started shooting away. I experimented with several different speeds of water flow, different stone arrangements, different colored bowls, and different angles to get the desired effects, and it took many shots to get a few that I really liked.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Browser Mike
Sep 7, 2015, 11:49
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Feb 17, 2015, 05:53