Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Water droplets
Photo 

I like working with macro sometimes. I find it takes a "bit" of patience. But it is usually worth the effort in the end. The first one is a true macro. The 2nd is just up close and I used a flashlight on the CD to get the lighting...I found difficult to get it focused properly...not sure why. #3 is also with the macro lens.

Attached Files Image(s)

Life is good. Capture it!

Wow! Very nice! So, you are using a macro lenses with what type of camera?

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Dec 17, 2013, 05:58)Clicker2014 Wrote:  I like working with macro sometimes. I find it takes a "bit" of patience. But it is usually worth the effort in the end. The first one is a true macro. The 2nd is just up close and I used a flashlight on the CD to get the lighting...I found difficult to get it focused properly...not sure why. #3 is also with the macro lens.
Beautiful!

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Nice ideas there, Clicker (it would be nice to sign with your proper first name). The first one is my choice of the three - beautiful. Were you using auto-focus for the second - manual shouldn't be a problem? The last one is also nice, but rather too many drops in focus for me, so they become a bit distracting to each other.

Philip

If you were on Auto focus, it would hunt, due to reflections. Personally always use manual for macro. Nice pics. Ed.

(Dec 17, 2013, 15:37)EdMak Wrote:  If you were on Auto focus, it would hunt, due to reflections. Personally always use manual for macro. Nice pics. Ed.

Thank you kindly Barbara. #1 was a Sigma 150mm on the Canon T2i. I have since traded the lens for a Canon 100mm and also now have a Canon 7D. Don, thank you very much! Philip I always use manual with macro. ...#2 was taken with my Sigma 18 - 250. I tried the macro, my Canon 50mm and also with extension tubes and my Sigma 18-250 on the CD water droplets. It didn't seem to matter which I used I could not get a good focus. I turned on the lights to focus, but they just would not be clear for some reason. Also Thanks Ed. for your kind words. If anyone has a suggestion of how to get them focused please let me know. I finally got clear ones on my moving water droplets so I should be able to get it on a stationery object! sigh.... (I know patience, patience....;-) Sharon.

Attached Files Image(s)

Did you try manual focus? Ed.

(Dec 18, 2013, 02:12)EdMak Wrote:  Did you try manual focus? Ed.
Yes. Always with this type of photography.

Wow this is incredible!!

Thank you for your kind words! Greatly appreaciated!
(Dec 30, 2013, 17:14)bethanhearne81 Wrote:  Wow this is incredible!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Browser Mike
Sep 7, 2015, 11:49
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 20, 2015, 11:36