Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Water in Winter

Winter photos in Northern Ontario, Canada. The weather was overcast with very flat light. The temperature was a balmy minus10 degrees Celsius. Typical for this time of year. Off the road the snow was too deep to walk through for fear of falling into an unseen hole or buried water. Nevertheless, all was so quite and peaceful there.

[Image: Reflection%20JPG-3%20Web.jpg]

Reflection

[Image: Curvey%20Creek%20JPG%20Web2.jpg]

Curvy Creek

Very ingteresting abstract series.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Must be nice to have some snow says the guy from Vancouver...

Don: Thanks so much!

Robert: I have been watching the TV coverage of the Olypics daily. It is amazing to see how they got the ski and snowboard runs into such good condition. O.K. I'm going back to the TV now!

#1 is my favorite Dennis.

I like it very much in bw.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks very much, Irma!

I find that that monochrome conversions often simplify the composition of an image. They are particularly useful in winter/snow scenes.

WOW! Dennis, this is very artistic, I loved it, well done,

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Thanks, Nia! It is very gratifying to find some attractive elements within all the ice and snow during our winter season. After the snow is gone and before the spring has come, the land often seems kind of drab. So, I do welcome the look of the pristine snowy landscape as much as the green of the spring.

enviroguy Wrote:Thanks, Nia! It is very gratifying to find some attractive elements within all the ice and snow during our winter season. After the snow is gone and before the spring has come, the land often seems kind of drab. So, I do welcome the look of the pristine snowy landscape as much as the green of the spring.
It sounds so nice and so exciting too dear Dennis, you are doing great, you carried them to my humble world too Smile
You are welcome and thanks,
Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 11, 2016, 11:19