Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

We Three Kings

As it's coming up to THAT time of the year, I thought I'd have a go. So here it is (if I can make it work) My first attempt at a new thread.

Taken 'I believe' in the Long Gallery, at Cardiff Castle. I was surrounded by other visitors and therefore space to get a 'correct' perspective was exceptionally limited. This was not a major consideration at the time as we were there in order to give our guests from America a good time and boy did they have a great day. Smile

Tech stuff.

Nikon D300.
Aperture P.
F3.2.
1/20 sec.
ISO 500.
50mm.
Pattern Mode.
Exp Bias 0.
No Flash.

Great photo, I like it! Can you tell us more about the kings? I'm curious about the history!

Phil, have you any software that can straighten the pic at left side. Ed.

kNox,

Thank you very much. I have no idea who they are. The picture is but the center section of about eight which are ten or twelve feet up in the air on one of the 'long' walls in the 'Long Gallery'. If anyone reads Sanskrit or understands hieroglyphics, they may be able to tell you.

Regards.

Phil.

Hi Ed,

Short answer no!!

Long answer, I use Serif's PhotoPlus which as far as I have experienced can straighten the whole image, but, I'm unaware of it having any ability to straighten selective areas within an image. It looks as if converging verticals are the real problem, however, given the circumstances of the shot it's not really surprising. I wasn't able to elevate myself to a level to counteract this and I don't posses a perspective control lens, and even if I did, under the circumstances I probably wouldn't have had it with me.

Good observation though Ed!! All comments gratefully received Smile

Cheers.

Phil.

(Nov 19, 2013, 07:12)Phil J Wrote:  ...I use Serif's PhotoPlus which as far as I have experienced can straighten the whole image, but, I'm unaware of it having any ability to straighten selective areas within an image. It looks as if converging verticals are the real problem, however, given the circumstances of the shot it's not really surprising. I wasn't able to elevate myself to a level to counteract this and I don't posses a perspective control lens...
Phil.

Phil, I like this image. I think you are right in assuming that the distortion is of the whole image, not part of it, and it is the perspective effect, leading to converging verticals upwards and also converging horizontals to the left. Not being a user of Serif software, I don't know its features, but if your version has a "Deform Tool", you should be able to use it to correct the perspective of your whole image. If you haven't got a user manual, you might find help here - http://www.serif.com/photoplus

Philip

Philip,

Thank you very much for that. I confess, I hadn't thought of using the 'deform tool' for perspective correction.Smile I will experiment and if I can achieve some degree of success I'll re post the image for further examination and help.

Thank you everyone who has commented. Much appreciated.

Regards.

Phil.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by kNox
Jun 16, 2014, 01:00
Last Post by shuttertalk
Oct 16, 2005, 16:45