Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wet Wet Wet

The weather here, not the band...

[Image: 1732440_a9bd7256bb.jpg]

Large image

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Nice shot! A tad dark for my liking but nice. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

This doesn't look quite "right" to me. Are the water drops on a piece of glass or something rather than on the leaves themselves - or are the drops added in post processing in some way? I can't put my finger on it - but it doesn't look real to me.

A thousand apologies if I am wrong.

Interesting focus--has a ghostly quality, not quite sharp but seems outlined or emphasized. This is a subtle photo.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

No apologies needed, Toad. This little plant looked rather surreal in real life. I found it just outside my doorstep. Lazy gardener, I am. Smile

Here's the original, resized from the raw file:

[Image: RainDropsOriginal.jpg]

I increased the exposure by +4.00 (in the raw file), as the original was very dark (taken with a macro lens and manual settings). If there's a blur it is because I took the pictures hand held, my cheap tripod doesn't allow for shots close to the ground.

The post processing on the posted image: I adjusted the gradation curves, darkening the dark bits and lighting up the light bits - practically contrast enhancement. The rest was just the framing part.

And here is the same plant taken with my regular lens, no processing at all (not even the exposure):

[Image: RainsDropsNormalLens.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

"my cheap tripod doesn't allow for shots close to the ground."

Is this a clue for your Christmas gift, my Dear? :|

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Well done - you are getting to be quite a whizz at Photoshop.

I agree with the comments about the "surreal" quality of the image, and think that's what gives it appeal. Very well done.

A couple of reliable tripods that will get you close to the ground at a variety of angles (and even allow for straight-down shooting): Bogen/Manfrotto 3021Pro, and Gitzo G2220. If you want to spend quite a bit more, I think both have lighter carbon fiber siblings as well.

I have the 3021 ProB and LOVE it!

Believe it or not, I had a carbon fibre tripod and didn't like anything about it other than the ease with which it can be carried. Didn't feel sturdy enough. I sold it and purchased the manfrotto.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"