Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

What I did in years long past........

Hi,73 years old I live in the far North West Highlands of Scotland.Spent most of my life in the Photo trade with retail,wholesale,processing under my belt.In fact 50 years + in the UK trade finishing up (just before they did !) as a sales executive with Kodak UK.Of course at my age,it was all film photography with digital being way in the future and I can recall the first digital camera sample I saw and handled was from the mighty Kodak.It was rubbish ! If memory serves me correctly it had a LOT less than 1,yes ONE,megapixel.Results were inferior to the other rubbish,disc which Kodak also introduced-short lived as it was.Host of stories and obviously I have picked up many concepts,uses and abilities during my years.I can recall working for a retailer called Charles Frank of Glasgow-at that time probably the largest retail photographic dealer in Scotland.We dealt in a lot of used,ex government and customs seized equipment in the 50's.There were Compass,Leica 111c (difficult to sell due to them having the Luftwaffe ensignia embossed in the top plate (!!!!!!) and being a dull grey colour.If only one knew then what we know now.................................

It must have been fun working in that industry.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Welcome Bill, we know each other well!! Ed.

To each his own!

Welcome to the photography forums! Glad you joined us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post