Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What OS/Setup do you have?

It's been a while since we've had one of these threads so I'm just wondering what OS and setup everyone has for their workstations?

I have a 21.5 inch iMac (running OSX obviously) but my wife has actually taken that over... haha. So I'm currently getting by on a 13 inch Macbook Pro. It's quite funny actually with the small screen size - in Lightroom if I have both the left and right panes open, the viewable area is only 1/3 of the width of the screen. Big Grin

Also all the photos live on an external HDD connected to the iMac so I sync it to an external drive (which doubles as an offsite backup) and then use that connected to my Macbook. I find it's too slow if I try to browse over the wireless network.

Anyway I digress... what is everyone rocking at the moment?

Since the last time, we had a thread like this, I have bought a 27" iMac. I also have Bootcamp configured so that I have a Windows 7 partition (for games and a few apps that Mac don't run). I have a external drive for backups. I run PhotoShop CS5 and Lightroom 3.

(Mar 6, 2012, 00:54)Toad Wrote:  Since the last time, we had a thread like this, I have bought a 27" iMac. I also have Bootcamp configured so that I have a Windows 7 partition (for games and a few apps that Mac don't run). I have a external drive for backups. I run PhotoShop CS5 and Lightroom 3.

Dell (about $ 500) running Windows 7 (Mac may be better, but all my software is for Windows, so I will not switch). Dual monitors. An oldie which can no longer be properly color managed as an auxilary and Dell 30" (inch) monitor (which is great). CS5 and NIK plug-ins

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

I use CS5 and Lightroom too.

I used to use Windows 7 for work but now have consolidated both work and play on my MacBook. Funnily enough some programs for work only run in Windows (Microsoft Visio is one) so I have windows running in a virtual machine for the odd occasion.

24" i-Mac 2.8 GHz intel core 2 duo. Crucial 4GB memory OSX 10.5.8

Photoshop CS. I have a "borrowed" CS2 but as CS is doing all I need, then I leave the crack to the crackheads. Confused
Me and my wife use the Mac.

I also have a 17" Acer laptop mainly used for scanning, as the Mac is not supported with the scanner I have. It made sense at the time to have one (also) for when the Mac was occupied (wife)

Sundries.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Dual Quad Core Mac Pro, MacBook Air 13" 256GB 2011 model.

Software is LR3 (soon to be LR4) and CS5.

Back-up to separate internal hard drive, Drobo and offsite DVD's.

Canon stuff.

I'm running a soon to be 6 year old Intel Dual Core 3.2ghz, still runs like a champ. Updated graphics card and am running 23" and 20" dual LG Flatron LED monitors. When i am on the road I have an Asus 17" laptop.

Running CS2 and 4 (prefer 2 to 4 as 4 is kind of clunky on my system), bought lightroom, but haven't used it in over 2 years, still prefer ACDsee.

Just bought our first house, and plans to get a new PC and CS5 were put on hold.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by StudioJ
Nov 6, 2005, 06:22