Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What do you guys think?

This is a portrait I took of my friend in my front room. feedback would be GREAT. Smile

Thanks

Theo

[Image: _MG_2767.jpg]

Hi, Welcome to Shuttertalk.

Portraiture isn't my strongpoint, but to me the shadow on the face is a little dark, part of the eye is lost to me. I'm sure some of the other members will have much more constructive comments than me.

Thanks for sharing your work Smile

Generally fine. But you could use a white card or reflector to soften the shadow on the face.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the feedback, the last Picture was shot with one flash head but i wish i used a reflector aswell now, on this next one i used two flash heads and i feel this is stronger picture because of it.

Thanks,

Theo

[Image: _MG_2713.jpg]

Welcome to Shutter Talk , i agree with the others , a reflector would have helped with the shadow , or a fill light about 1 to 2 stops difference . The side lighting works in the shot though , just a little fill would have helped .

Thanks for sharring , ......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Hey Theo welcome to the forums. Yep agree with the others about the shadow on the face, nice engaging shot though. Like the second image although looks a little over exposed, good subject matter though...should I be scared Wink

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Yea with the second image i was going for a cold gritty look, thanks for all your Feedback,

Theo Big Grin