Hi help wanted
what is the better camera
CANNON SX170IS
OR
FUJIFILM S6800
Regards
John Boy

Hi Fingers
Just had a glance at the canon and the Fuji cameras,not a lot to choose between them ,the zoom range of the Fuji is greater-if you intend to do a lot of closeup from afar this would be good but do you need all that zoom.Ihad a Fuji and it was my first bridge camera and I liked it,the main problem was it takes batterys so you have to carry some around with you just in case these also need to be rechargeable ones,But the canon has a lithium rechargeable battery these tend to last longer than the batterys for the Fuji.But Istill had the Fuji and carried spare batts.The canon camera is also not bad just because its a canon does not make it the better just the most heard of ,they are the most popular camera in the market place.If your first choice was the Fuji go with it otherwise you may end up looking at a lot more and get confused-regards andy

I've owned several Canon P&S cameras (wife still has a canon SX510) and 3 Fuji P&S (still have one) and they both make good, reliable cameras. Of these two the Fuji would be my choice because:

It has a much longer range: 720mm vs 448
A much higher ISO range
Faster frames per second.

The canon does have Image stabilization though.

A better match for the Fuji would be the Canon sx510 or 520, they are much more similar in spec.