Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What's with your forum nickname?

Some nicknames like "adam" and "Irma" are pretty self explanatory, but the meanings others are not quite as evident.

For example: I've always wondered why Craig is called EnglishBob and everyone thinks his real name is Bob. : D And slejhamer? Toad?

It's my name.

Petographer :/ Rolleyes Tongue

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Mines my old Counter-Strike handle....

When I lived in the UK I played Quake, Counter-strike etc under the alias El'Mariachi , on of my favorite movies.... then I moved to California, and all the Hispanics assumed I was Mexican and started talking Spanish to me, which I don't speak or read.

So I switched to English Bob, a character from another great movie Unforgiven. And as this character was an Englishman living in the West, I figured it was appropriate. My CS website is known as Bob's Bunker.

To really confuse you all, I also receive email and messages addressed to Ash,,,, short for Ashurek, a character from my favorite series of books, and the screen name of a character I have played in another on line game for over 8 years.

I am a long-handled hammer used for driving stakes and smashing rocks.

Duh!

Rolleyes

slejhamer Wrote:I am a long-handled hammer used for driving stakes and smashing rocks.

Duh!

Rolleyes

Yet you type with such precission! Tongue

I used to be known as Toad to some friends way back in high school. When I started corresponding in forums, I tried to grab a really cool login name - they seemed to be all taken. I must have tried a 100. Finally in frustration I used this old high school nickname and voila - it took. Now I use this name in every forum that I communicate in to maintain a consistent online presence...

my name "PATrick"
plus
my wife's name "CHris"
and the day we were wed 17th

ergo... patch17

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

In most forums other than Shuttertalk I have always used the name Conk. Some here still call me that. So I'll explain the origin of that name as Petographer is pretty much self explainitory.

Conk is short for Conklin. When I was a little kid I had long red hair. My Brothers and sister called me Conklin. Conklin shows is an amusement company provided the CNE in Toronto and various fairs with the midway rides. They have a mascot. I guess my brothers thought I looked like this mascot. Today at 39 my brothers and family still call me Conk.
You be the judge.
[Image: menu_top.gif][Image: Conk-head.jpg]

My flickr images

Hahah, the resemblance is uncanny! Big Grin

I'll let you in on a little secret. Everyone else I use cuteseal... why? Coz when I was younger I used to carry a little baby seal stuffed toy around with me everywhere... Big Grin

shuttertalk Wrote:I'll let you in on a little secret. Everyone else I use cuteseal... why? Coz when I was younger I used to carry a little baby seal stuffed toy around with me everywhere... Big Grin

I wondered about that one. Smile

My flickr images

I'm just posting what everyone else is thinking...

[Image: 74_Conk-head2.jpg]

hehehehe...

oh... and as for "kombisaurus".. well I drive a kombi and it is a beast (kombi-saurus)... I used to use the nick "toasterboy" or "toastie" on some forums (the kombi resembles a giant toaster), and I used MajorBooger for Battlefield/Desert Combat online, but for some reason those nicks tend to get used a lot (why!?!?) so I had to choose something else.
I've never stumbled across anyone else who uses kombisaurus though - so I think I'll stick with it.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

What did I tell ya. Big Grin Aside from my cute mug as a kid, isn't that a jokeswagon in your avatar? Whats a kombi?

My flickr images

Man, that's the ORIGINAL far-out cool-aid HIPPY BUS.

edit:

Called "URGE"

Cave canem

Now, who wants to know why I'm called "Rufus"???

I'll tell you the truth: I'm not lying:::::::Big Grin

I'm called Rufus because it's not anything like me.

There you go!! Wink

Cave canem

Everyone calls me Loopy - always have, always will. I'd like to be able to claim its for a cool reason (like being able to tie up certain parts of my anatomy into knots) but I think I'm just screwed up... Tongue

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

- Albert Einstein

My croatian name is Jerko, pronounced Yaerko. My north amercian name is Jerry. The combination, given by friends is Jericho. I like it and am thankful it wasn't something completely off the wall and nuts.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Russell Russ Rusty Russt.........plus i like its reference to rust dunno why

my aunty used to call me rufus........but that was taken Big Grin

kombisaurus........I thought that had to do with its suspension.......all in the way you say it I spose!

Sorry that I am not very original but on the net I have been Peted or similar for the last ten years or so.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

I just use my real name. In that way if I get famous, everyone will know who I am.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Jul 18, 2017, 16:51
Last Post by EdMak
Jun 23, 2017, 07:52
Last Post by smarti77
Feb 29, 2008, 05:01