Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

When I fell off the planet...

[Image: _MG_9680.jpg]

[Image: _MG_9723.jpg]

[Image: _MG_1710.jpg]

[Image: _MG_1360.jpg]

[Image: _MG_1134.jpg]

2nd last is the new reflector trick I've been playing with.

Great pictures!! ... all are really nice Smile

#4 is my favorite... The perspective and colors are fantastic!! the background is lovely... very nice girl as well...

Your effect in the car is great too... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

You've just made an old man happy.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I like the cars! Smile very nice

great series SJ, I really like the angles you have used in your comps in #1 and #3.......(trying hard not to make a bloke comment Big Grin) Thanks for the reflector tip the results looks great!

Quote:I like the cars! very nice
What cars :| (opps bloke comment)

I do like the finish on that last car shot........

I knew there was a reason that i was missing looking at your pictures ..

I like 'em all ......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

As you can see I'd suck at landscapes, not one horizon is even remotely level! Big Grin

Thanks for having a perve.. oops I mean.. thanks for your comments Wink

Beautiful tones and color temperature! your pictures have somthing "soft" - as in "not harsh" - to them, I like that a lot. It's the lighting (or your pp), that is really pleasing. In a beach shot you usually expect bright sunlight and thus pretty harsh highlights, but you completely avoid them.

Very nice. I think the first and the last are my favorites.

What is the "reflector trick"?

uli

Most of my people work is soft Uli. I'm fairly picky as to the way my shots are lit, they are all taken in shadows, at the sunrise/sunset or when its cloudy. (when possible!) Of course some of it is post processing as well.

With the reflector I have been metering to under expose the background a touch and then pointing my flash towards a large round reflector and then angling this towards the subject. It softens the flash and also if its a gold reflector gives them a golden tone. This example shot (pink bikini on beach) was one of my first and it needed to be done about 5 minutes earlier so she would have been lit by some sunlight but not as strong as the flash bounce. Normally when using a reflector I find it blinds a lot of my subjects so I tend to only use it for fashion work when they have sunglasses on so this way it works much better as the flash duration is very short.

Quote:As you can see I'd suck at landscapes, not one horizon is even remotely level!
I am surprised Peto has not jumped in and chipped you on that.......Big Grin

Thanks for going into your technique.....it also helps to hear your own thoughts on the shot.

More examples...

[Image: _MG_1845.jpg]

[Image: _MG_1847.jpg]

This last shot is probably the best example of the directional quality but it is again taken a bit too late in the day thus the light was quite harsh.

[Image: A3_1947.jpg]

Beautiful!
And I had never considered using a golden reflector! Thanks for the tips.

Excellent work!

The first and the last ones are my favourites.

Thanx for sharing.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

that last one is also very nice!!! they all are nice! but I like the last one

Welcome back Jamie!! About time! Big Grin

Great shots. Big Grin You look like you've been busy (you poor thing Tongue)
The last shot is also my favourite, although both car shots are high on my list (shame the skyline is only a GTS-T, but that's hardly your fault).
Good to see you back. We should catch up sometime.

Cheers
Adrian

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Russt Wrote:
Quote:As you can see I'd suck at landscapes, not one horizon is even remotely level!
I am surprised Peto has not jumped in and chipped you on that.......Big Grin
Tongue Pfft! Who's looking at horizons. Tongue

Great photos J. Glad to see you posting again and not keeping this all to yourself. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Apr 21, 2011, 16:00