Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Where's your next trip to?

My little one's just past 4 months now and I like to fantasize about the different destinations that I could be going to and the photos that I could be taking there. Big Grin

My brother just recently returned from Japan and his photos were absolutely amazing. I would absolutely love to go to the far east as well - especially Hong Kong and Japan as I've never been there. The east coast of the US would be nice too - I've only been to the west.

What's your next holiday destination?

New York.

It's close, being about ten hours by bus, or five hours via airport. It's just far enough away to make it a non-trivial trip, but close enough to stop it from being exotic, so I've never been. Neither has my fiancée, so we decided to go there for our honeymoon at the end of October. We'll be there for a while, so even though it's not a photographic trip, there will probably be a camera involved at some point.

New York might be my next trip after that, too. I'm trying to do two 'day trips' each year - I take the bus overnight to arrive somewhere in the early morning, spend the day wandering the city, and then another overnight trip home. I did Ottawa last fall, and Chicago just a few weeks ago. New York's the perfect travel distance, but since my next solo trip is almost a year away, I'm keeping an open mind.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Maybe not my next trip, but Iceland next summer for sure - hiking and photography for 2-3 weeks.

I will be in the Philippines at the end of this month.

Canon stuff.

Incidentally we've got a long weekend coming up - we're booked in an apartment... in the city. Heheh... it's not very far I guess but it's something different away from home. Big Grin

shuttertalk Wrote:Incidentally we've got a long weekend coming up - we're booked in an apartment... in the city. Heheh... it's not very far I guess but it's something different away from home. Big Grin
The cowboy philosopher says "After along time of taters and beans, even beans and taters tastes good".

Toad Wrote:
shuttertalk Wrote:Incidentally we've got a long weekend coming up - we're booked in an apartment... in the city. Heheh... it's not very far I guess but it's something different away from home. Big Grin
The cowboy philosopher says "After along time of taters and beans, even beans and taters tastes good".
I didn't know this quote, thanks dear Toad Smile it was nice.

Seems that there is not any trip for me right now Smile Everything depends on my husband's job/business... Actually we have a lovely summer house at the Aegean Coast of my country, in the Ida Mountain (Kaz Dağı, it is the mytholgoical mountain in Homeros legends) the mountain villages and the view are amazing. It makes me excited to dream this. Especially with my camera and the dark blue Aegean sea... Smile But most of you know I think, my husband, he is electronic designer but also he is a musician too, drummer! and he has a band, they make jazz and also African music. So they have some summer concerts, so I travel with them too, as their photographer Smile So maybe can be some surprises for me too! Maybe Mediterranean,...

It is so nice to travel... Have a nice and enjoyable journeys for you all,

with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by matthew
Sep 23, 2007, 14:51