Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which r the long different lenses for Nikon similar to the "White" lenses for Canon?

I have seen plenty of white color lenses for Canon bodies, which are like big, long (maybe 100/200/400mm?) and am wondering if there are any similar available for Nikon bodies?

Cheers
Samy

Yes. You can recognize them by their hefty price tag Smile

(Apr 11, 2013, 15:03)samyshah Wrote:  I have seen plenty of white color lenses for Canon bodies, which are like big, long (maybe 100/200/400mm?) and am wondering if there are any similar available for Nikon bodies?

Cheers
Samy

The Nikon version of these lenses e.g. 70-200mm f/2.8, 300mm f,2.8, 400mm f/2.8...etc. are all of the same quality as the light colored Cannons but they are black in color. The one thing that remains the same is the price tag. For a mid range long lense, 300mm f/2.8, expect a price tag in the $5,000.00 range.

Oh wow that's expensive.
I think I will go ahead and create a separate post to see what people have to suggest as a replacement for these expensive lenses Smile
Something from the Tamron, Sigma families!

Cheers
Samy

[quote='samyshah' pid='86447' dateline='1365714239']
I have seen plenty of white color lenses for Canon bodies, which are like big, long (maybe 100/200/400mm?) and am wondering if there are any similar available for Nikon bodies?

Cheers
Samy
Sigma and Tamaron both have these lenses. I have the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 for sports. You can find used versions of this lens on Ebay for anywhere from $700 to $1,500. Thats about as cheap as it gets. The $700 ones are older, without OS. My Sigma does not have OS. I shoot with a mono-pod and have no problems. Here is a quick sample.

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post