Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Who knows about voice recorders?

Since I am now official "news terrier" for our new church website, I need a CHEAP, but half decent, digital interviewers dictation/voice recording, USB connecting, portable widget.

Any advice?

:|

Cave canem

My wife. But it only operates when I have a hot meal in front of me. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

They cost about $125 canadian. The cheap digital audio recorders don't have computer output. If you have a laptop you can get a free digital recoder simulator that works with your computer mike. Google for Xemi.com. (http://www.xemico.com/anr/index.html).

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Depending what I am doing I use two differnt devices.

For cheap and nasty I use an MP3 player recorder, the one I have is a Rave, it uses a AAA battery and you can add memory in the form of SD cards, plugs into USB to transfer audio files to PC.

Second one is a minidisk player recorder with a lapel mike, very good quality but more expensive and the one I have is an older model and does not have USB connection so I have to record to my PC in real time, takes a while but to replace it with a newer USB enabled device is more than I want to spend. i use this to mike up people when I am videoing someone doing something like rock climbing or skateboarding, etc.

Cheers.

Pete

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Ooooo!!! Thank you folks, that's great! Smile

Mini discs with USB? Wooo..... Didnt realise they existed.

Don, the laptop way is a good one. Unfortuanately NN owns one and I dont. Though she lets me use it, she wont let me take it "news-terrier-ing" as it's a bit rough out there! :o

NT. Wives dont count in this instance. Big Grin

Cave canem

By the way, you can get the Raves refurbed from www.geeks.com for around US$50 when they have them, mine looked new including the packaging.

Pete

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein