Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Who's there!

[Image: IMG_8706b.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Love it.
Creates a definite mood that your title expresses well.

Excellent! Just my kind of shot, great atmosphere, light and processing.

Excellent use of the silhouette and ambient light.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Wow - love the exposure on this shot.

Canon stuff.

Thanks all.
I should say it was daylight when I took the shot, so most of the centre and the figure is PP'd,
although the intent was there at the time.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

NT73 Wrote:I should say it was daylight when I took the shot,
Even better!

Very beautiful picture NT... I like it a lot! and I agree with the comments above about exposure.... Excellent!
What I like the most is the depth in your picture... you framed and composed it very well. Your work with the figure was also very well done, and very creative.

But, as you posted it in the critique forum... Let me be picky.... Wink

I can see a thin line in the upper center part, is this part of the picture? There is a black bar at the upper edge of the picture, and it is not clear what this is.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I was going to comment on this yesterday Irma .
The black bar is the underside of a building going across the passage (I am stood in a kind of tunnel, with a house above me) and the blue line under it may be my 'magic wand selection tool' missing a bit. I thought after posting to remove the top, but decided against it.
I was trying to get some detail from the almost blown highlights.
[Image: 32_IMG_8706b.jpg]

Lumix LX5.

Now I see what this is... I also thought about suggesting a crop, but I thought that it looked better as it is.

Seeing your original, I can appreciate more your post processing NT. You really did a great job here... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

It's amazing how much less sinister the original is... Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanks Irma and Matthew, And I don't mind any shot of mine being pulled to pieces or whatever. Whatever gallery I post in.
That is how you learn. By following and learning from your peers and mentors.
Very few people on this earth have unique ideas. Most are copied from what has gone before.

Just thought of another title. "One lump or two." Kind of fits both.Smile

Lumix LX5.

Wow, who'd have thought they were the same image. Nice procesing NT.

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

nice capture and great processing... I am with Irma on the top part though, have you tried a crop?

Uli

Thanks for all your comments on this shot. It is one which unusually I took in RAW, and may be the reason I managed to get detail from the top.
I feel if I crop it it will lose the narrow height, which I like, but I may try to clone the building and drainpipe to go to the top of the frame. And then sort out the blue bar.:/

Lumix LX5.

Quick clone. And fattened the figure up to make it look more threatening.
[Image: 55_IMG_8706b.jpg]

Lumix LX5.

I like the original, NT. The figure is more threatening thin - and the tall thin format worked better IMO. Sorry. I really liked #1- you nailed it the first time.

Great shot NT. I agree with Toad, I like the first version the best.

By a strange coincidence, I took a similar shot to yours while I was in Indonesia (around the same time too). When I recently saw this shot of yours I immediately remembered my own shot.
[Image: AB1_7437_NR.jpg]

It doesn't have the same sinister feeling as yours, but considering neither of us knew about the other shot when taking and processing our versions, there are some remarkable similarities.
Sorry to hijack your thread. Smile

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

The colors and definition are amazing!

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/