Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Widdington in Wiltshire UK, Critique

Hi all, taken on a miserable cold day at "Widdington in Wiltshire.
Canon 6D, Focal Length 102, ISO100, F9.5
I look forward to any critique
Regards
Wendy

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Wendy,

Great scene reminding me what I miss about home.

Were the image mine I might try increasing contrast a little, and uppiing the saturation, not too much but enough to give a little more pop to the grass and sky.

On a personal level I feel the fence and post are keeping me out of the image, I might try a slight crop to remove it and see how it felt afterwards.

Craig.

Wendy, you are not far away, the print is a bit flat/dull.
Adjusted the levels,this brings out detail, especially in the tree area, cloned out the post, a crop would do the same, but wanted to show your complete pic, enhanced the clouds. Not really a lot, and not a lot of time spent.

What did you do in elements, is it far from the original. Well spotted. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

(Mar 8, 2015, 09:19)EnglishBob Wrote:  Hi Wendy,

Great scene reminding me what I miss about home.

Were the image mine I might try increasing contrast a little, and uppiing the saturation, not too much but enough to give a little more pop to the grass and sky.

On a personal level I feel the fence and post are keeping me out of the image, I might try a slight crop to remove it and see how it felt afterwards.

Craig.
Hi Craig
Thank you for commenting, I agree with what you said on another copy I have cloned out the post. I did try changing the levels but wasn't sure how far to go.
Wendy

(Mar 8, 2015, 09:33)EdMak Wrote:  Wendy, you are not far away, the print is a bit flat/dull.
Adjusted the levels,this brings out detail, especially in the tree area, cloned out the post, a crop would do the same, but wanted to show your complete pic, enhanced the clouds. Not really a lot, and not a lot of time spent.

What did you do in elements, is it far from the original. Well spotted. Ed.

Hi Ed
Thank you for your comments, I tred adjusting the contrast etc but wasn't sure how far to go. As always I love what you do . It's all a learning curve for me. That day was really miserable and I took lots of photos and most of them were rubbish so I was deleting them as I went along. And then I came to the above one and thought I might have liked it if it hadn't looked so flat and boring so kept it just to play around in elements with and it started to grow on me. Hence why I posted it here to see what you all thought. I even deleted the raw version so only had the j peg version to play with.
Kind Regards
Wendy

I went along

Wendy, this is a nice image and Ed has brought out the colours and details well.

In my view, the image now has an interesting sky and does not need so much of the less interesting nearby field, particularly the out-of-focus foreground (where the fence is). A crop in wide-screen (16:9) format from the top down works for me:

E.g.

Cheers.
Philip

Definately. Ed.

To each his own!

(Mar 8, 2015, 13:54)EdMak Wrote:  Definately. Ed.

Thank you for all your comments
Wendy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by maisie
Aug 19, 2017, 03:37