Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wide angle

A couple of years ago I bought a 12-24mm Sigma lens and I am ashamed to say it has been mostly gathering dust since then. However, I was inspired by Dion 47's recent postings of wide angle photos taken at ground level using his special attachment and am now trying to understand this lens better. These two photos are of Southwell Minster and I would welcome any reactions or advice. Thanks a lot. Rob

Both are very nice pictures of the Minster, Rob - wonderful colours, and I like the in-focus foreground leaves. However, the idea behind the composition of the second is better - to fill the featureless sky with the overhanging autumn leaves. It's just a pity that it hasn't quite worked as it should, because the left tower is now partially obscured. Just my opinions, of course.

Cheers.
Philip

Combine them?? Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Thank you both! I clearly should have worked a bit harder to avoid that branch when I took the shot. The idea of combining the two photos, however, is intriguing. Is it actually possible to do this without showing the join? If so, I really will need to learn how to use Elements or Photoshop. Rob

I did this in 2/3 mts, using small file size, Time, and using original's, should show nothing untoward, my thoughts. .Ed.

To each his own!

Thanks, I'll give it a try - and report back! Rob

Had a bit more time. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Thanks Ed, you're a wizard! I really must find out how to do this. Rob

Absolutely love these, Rob! Jeff

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by rikbrandt
Jan 29, 2005, 10:42