Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Window light

Here is shot from today

I rarely shoot @ high iso, for two reason i love flash, and my D2X sucks at it. Big Grin

For websized images and small prints its still usable though.

Big window camera right.
[Image: zack_135_6.jpg]

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

The lighting, the pose, the expression, the colors all combine to make this a wonderful portrait.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Maybe the color needs a little red. Lighting and cortrast looks really good. How did you get it so sharp in low light?

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I don't see any issues with this photo, You did well, so did your son. Say hi to them and keep clicking that D2X! Wink

John

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Anne Thanx! Yes its one of Zacks own posesBig Grin, i didnt instruct him to do anything other then to try to stand still. (wich he rarely does anyway)

Here is one a few seconds earlier...Big Grin (as you can see he was quite bored, and i was just lucky to be able to catch him between the "acts")
[Image: zack_135_7.jpg]

Doug
Thanx, yes your right its a little bit cold, fixed it now. (auto wb is the devil, i often use custom of a grey card, but got lazy) Improved ?
Well im by no means steady on my hand, but i was standing with the back against the wall and got some extra support.

John
Thanx, no its not an issue at this size, and for prints (not to big) it would probebly work aswell.

However should be noted that i did selective NR on this image. The wall behind him (brown) has NR applied. The rest of the image is untouched, cause i dont want to loose the details.

/Paul L.

Lovely Paul - window light always does beautiful things. Well done on capturing it so well.

Canon stuff.

I remember his first pictures in the forum... Zack looks already so formal, and very handsome... Wink

Beautiful pictures both Paul.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanx Chris

Yes Irma he is getting big, isnt he ?Big Grin

Thanx for looking

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Sep 17, 2017, 12:19