Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Windows.

Working a bit with windows that caught my eye.

[Image: IMG_8906-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8617-Edit2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8998-Edit-3.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I like #3 Irma. How do you get the colour and shades, in the black glass.
I think mine would be black or the surround blown a little.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Those are like metal things in the glass, they were shining. I think I had good light ... Smile

Thanks so much NT for your comment Smile

Paul Cezanne

I like the mixture of curves with straight and parallel lines.
Nice to look at Smile Especially the last one!

#2 is my favourite -- I like the way you can show a thing without needing to show everything.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanks Adam, Matt for your comment... Smile

Both are crops from the original image, #3 It is a beautiful window in a church, very long and it had some flowers in the bottom. I tried to make a composition with the flowers but at the end the interesting part was mainly the top of the window, that is why I had to crop.

The last one also was part of a composition I worked with some other windows. I like it too, but to show detail and the main part of the window I think the crop is best. I also tried cloning out the reflection but the window looked like a black hole. I didn't like it.

Here is my original idea, just for comparition.

[Image: IMG_8609-Editcrop.jpg]

I like to see how my pictures evolve with the crop because next time I will take the picture with my crop in mind and they will be big files.

Other problem in this pictures is the perspective... how difficult is to work perspective in buildings, and also hard to repair it in PS. I am still not good at this, and it disappoints me a bit.... there is no more but try and try again...

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Zig
Mar 8, 2012, 05:10