Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Winter gold

[Image: autumngold.jpg]

I took this photo at the end of the day in very late autumn / early winter. It was very cold and damp but there was beautiful golden sunlight coming through the trees and reflecting off the lake.

I shot directly into the sun's reflection on the water using a polarising filter and deliberately under exposed the shot to black out the foreground details.

Can't make up my mind about this shot so please give me your thoughts, suggestions and comments.

Thanks

Ivan

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

The problem I find with your picture is that it doesn't have any point of interest where the viewer could grap his/her interest. Everythng is a bit too cluttered.

I like a lot the sunbeams you have here, and those could be your point of interest, but the twigs in the foreground doesn't let me appreciate them fully.

I might be wrong in my appreciation, but this is what I think about your picture.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Sorry navis01 ....twigs, blown out sky and reflections and sort of foggy looking.
Not my cup of tea, but one mans meat....as they say.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I like what it's trying to achieve. The light and fog provides a great dreamy atmosphere IMHO. I think maybe if some of the foreground twigs could be removed or lightened to look like the background ones, then it might be improved.

Thanks everyone. The more I think about it the more I don't like it! Agree with you all on the problems, lacks focal point and is generally a bit messy. Great feedback cheers.

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

I love it, my eyes settle on teh light beams almost immediately.

The only part that bother me is the branch running across with the few dark leaves on it about a third of the way down. I really like these kind of mood pictures.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WesMal
Nov 21, 2016, 14:43
Last Post by Browser Mike
Feb 12, 2016, 06:44