Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

With the D800 in the house…

With the D800 in the house, what's the next logical step?

[Image: i-CzF88dG-L.jpg]

[Image: i-ckN7hpX-L.jpg]

I've been idly looking to buy an F5 for quite some time, and this one popped up nearby for a very reasonable price. It's in great shape – I've run one roll of film through it already, but want to also do a roll of colour film before I take them in for processing.

I'm just thrilled to finally own a professional Nikon. Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

You can still buy film? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Well, Fujifilm has stopped selling APS film, and is increasing the price of everything else by 20%. Naturally, I do own an APS Canon Elph, but I won't miss it. And I don't begrudge them an extra dollar a roll if that's what they need to keep them making the film that keeps my other (counting… counting… counting…) seven film cameras up and running.

I think there's still a company that makes yellow boxes around here somewhere, too. I actually have a small stockpile of Kodak film in the freezer, since that's what I mostly use, and plan to start adding to that again.

Tomorrow I get to drop off three rolls for processing, so I'll see what the new camera's like for real next week.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Something I don't get now.

Says they are worldwide distributors.

http://www.mailshotsuk.co.uk/acatalog/Camera_Films.html

There must be others who have a small stockpile of film, other than you. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by shuttertalk
Aug 14, 2012, 22:04