Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wonderful Days in UK (29 July - 07 August, 2011)

I hope you don't mind to share my UK travel photographs in here... First of all once again thank you for you all.

We had a wonderful time in UK. But to be honest the most beautiful part of this travel was Devizes... I loved this lovely small town so much... It was like being in a fairy tales...

Anyway, I want to share day by day by choosing some of my photographs... But if you wish you can visit my new Blog too,

http://postcardsfromuk2011.wordpress.com/

1) White Clouds Land... 29 July, 2011

Our flight at the end… The weather is very hot today, again, 32C degrees… and maybe we feel more too. We reached to the Sabiha Gökçen Airport (it is our proud of one, has an award too, and one of the newest airports. The name actually the first woman pilot’s name. (March 22, 1913, — March 22, 2001) was the first female combat pilot in the world and the first Turkish aviatrix, aged 23. She was one of the eight adopted children of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.

But the sky wasn’t clear… covered by the clouds… Seemed that the rain was coming soon…

at 19.30 Pegasus Airlines (Turkish) we left the city behind us… We were flying towards the sun… But behind us the cities were living night…

1)
[Image: IMG_9237R.jpg]

2)
[Image: IMG_9247R.jpg]

3)
[Image: IMG_9274R.jpg]

4)
[Image: IMG_9279R.jpg]

5)
[Image: IMG_9281R.jpg]

With My Love, we are watching the white clouds… As I write now this, we are passing the Alp mountains, how I wished to see them but clouds don’t let me to do this…

By the way I am dying for to take pictures… But I can’t dare to do this, one of men in the airport, while we were in check point, they saw my camera and we talked about photography and I asked them that could it be possible to take pictures in the plane. And the man told me, no, they don’t let you but when hostess were sitting you can take!!!!

So, I hesitate to do something wrong… but at the end, when they came to ask us, what would we like to drink and eat? I replied her, “Can I take a picture from the window”? She smiled and said, Yes, sure!!!!

I am happy now… and I am busy with my camera,…

We are flying above the White Clouds Land” now…

(will be continued...)

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Bournemouth

It's been 37 years that I didn't visit my memories' city. I was so excited. But my first contact with the city was during late night. Because we came late to Stansted Airport, in London. And we had to take taxi from there to Bournemouth. When we arrived the hotel it was a very late night... So, nothing seemed to me that I know... But next morning, after breakfast we walked down the square... Yes, the park, the road, they were all as I remember... But the city wasn't anymore my memories' city... actually so many things changed... but also I wasn't the same young girl too... But to be honest I missed my old city,... Our first destination was my house, that I lived there... My first hours in the morning actually were so emotional... Details on my blog.

And yessssssssss, it was cold and people were swimming and having sunbath too... We were wearing sweaters, coats and they were in bikini... (but later in Devizes the sun will smile us again Smile )

6)
[Image: IMG_0131R9.jpg]

7)
[Image: IMG_9530R4.jpg]

8)
[Image: IMG_9600R5.jpg]

9)
[Image: IMG_9704R5.jpg]

10)
[Image: IMG_9708R5.jpg]

(will be continued...)

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Welcome back nia!
My goodness...a taxi from London to Bournemouth...ouch!
I'm very much looking forward to any photos of Wiltshire...I'm sure you took some of the canal lock at Devizes??
Smile

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Gosh - nice story, nia. I guess that I must have missed the first installment while I was in Iceland, but I'm caught up now. Also liked your blog - what I could read of it, anyway... Big Grin

BTW: the photo of the balloon being launched has lovely light..

Zig Wrote:Welcome back nia!
My goodness...a taxi from London to Bournemouth...ouch!
I'm very much looking forward to any photos of Wiltshire...I'm sure you took some of the canal lock at Devizes??
Smile
Yes, dear Zig, we had to take taxi from London to Bournemouth, because we were late at the airport. And we didn't have time, just only three days in Bournemouth than we went to Devizes, I will post later them too. I loved so much Devizes and where we stayed, "Southdown White Horse Walking Holidays"... It was just like being in a home in UK... I dream now to go again... Smile

Of course I have pictures from canal and you can't believe, at the canal I saw my first Heron too!!!!! But I made her to fly, escaped from my camera!

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Toad Wrote:Gosh - nice story, nia. I guess that I must have missed the first installment while I was in Iceland, but I'm caught up now. Also liked your blog - what I could read of it, anyway... Big Grin

BTW: the photo of the balloon being launched has lovely light..
You are welcome too dear Robert, I wonder your Iceland photographs now Smile This balloon was so nice and always I wished to go up with it but I couldn't dare to do this so I took its pictures... Especially during night it was so nice...

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Of course, visiting Bournemouth was so nostalic and emotional for me. Forthy years ago I was living in this house,

1) It was Saturday morning. Actually I wished to knock the door but I couldn't... But yes, I was afraid not to find them...

[Image: IMG_9389R4.jpg]

2) Another nostalgia for me, at this corner... This was our favurite cafe, called European Cafe... All our days were passing in this cafe... But today it is a new one and they closed the main windows, I mean they stayed inside... and some other changing too... At first time I didn't find and I walked around there, at the end I noticed that it was there....

[Image: IMG_9362X.jpg]

3) In Bournemouth there was a Turkish Restaraunt... But it was closed. So I took this picture with the reflections of car, myself, and etc.

[Image: IMG_9733R6.jpg]

4) I saw them in Milano too, they are, "The man and his dog"... you help them by giving money... But you give for their dogs... to feed them.

[Image: IMG_9722R6.jpg]

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Sandbanks...

Sandbanks Beach is undoubtedly the best beach on the South Coast of England …. Some would say in Britain !

Sandbanks itself is a small peninsula, which contains some of the most expensive houses and land in the country, in fact Sandbanks is becoming as famous for its well know residents and lavish lifestyles of some of its occupants as it is for its beach. For those seeking the ultimate in beach life style, some of the most exclusive houses boast direct access onto the beach and stunning sea views."

http://www.pooleview.co.uk/beach/sandbanks.htm

In Bournmeouth, all Saturday we looked for an adaptor for our plugs (of camera, cell phones, laptop). They told us some addresses in the city and we visited them all. But they were problem especially for my laptop! It was going to die... At the end we found. I should have thought this... I almost forgot that it was different in UK.

So Saturday passed like that... Next day, I wanted to visit Burley, it is a small but so beautiful village... I remember with her lovely tea homes... But unfortunately there was only one bus, on Wednesday... So, I decided to visit Sandbanks... When I was a student in Bournemouth, we were going by our bikes to Sandbanks...

1)

[Image: IMG_9838R8.jpg]

2)

[Image: IMG_9849R8.jpg]

3)

[Image: IMG_9868R8.jpg]

4)

[Image: IMG_9905R8.jpg]

5)

[Image: IMG_9929R8.jpg]

6)

[Image: IMG_9992R8.jpg]

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Your travelogue gets better and better - I particularly liked your revisiting of old memories.

Toad Wrote:Your travelogue gets better and better - I particularly liked your revisiting of old memories.
Thank you dear Robert,

with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

To Nia

Re- Man and Dog.
I always feel that they are preying on peoples kindness, and if they got off their backsides there are jobs available. Not necessarily zeppelin makers or corporate managers.
If Romanians can get a job in England then so can the English.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

NT73 Wrote:To Nia

Re- Man and Dog.
I always feel that they are preying on peoples kindness, and if they got off their backsides there are jobs available. Not necessarily zeppelin makers or corporate managers.
If Romanians can get a job in England then so can the English.
I don't know the details about this, but I agree with you. It was same in Milano too. Sometimes I noticed the man had many dogs too...

Anyway, Thank you for this info.
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jul 12, 2016, 20:02