Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Working with trying to get the reflection clearer

I am trying to get the water reflection to be sharper, but, can't seem to do it. Also, as usual, critique is welcome. Have been playing with this, and messed up a couple of tries. Thanks.

Attached Files Image(s)

Perhaps help if you detailed what you are doing/using, to edit. this was 2mts P/S, working from a very small file. Cheers. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Hi
Reflections are darker than the image so to make them stand out you need to darken either the whole image or just the reflection. Here I added two layers 1 curve and 2 levels.
My try is cs6 aprox 2min
regards
Chris

Attached Files Image(s)

The image looks as though it was quite over-exposed when shot, the right hand side of the big tree trunk being almost completely burnt out white - probably only curable by cloning and/or copying. By restoring the colour, Ed's edit shows how desaturated it had become, and Ed has also shown that it needs more contrast in the water to bring out the reflections. If you have software with a "Despeckle" tool, that can remove some of the little bits on the water, which will also help the reflections to show.

Here is another edit, incorporating the features mentioned:

[ Using PaintShop Pro X6 ]

Cheers.
Philip

(Nov 8, 2014, 12:27)EdMak Wrote:  ...this was 2mts P/S...
Cheers. Ed.

(Nov 8, 2014, 15:42)chris-6777 Wrote:  My try is cs6 aprox 2min
regards
Chris

Post-processing races might even make it into the 2020 Olympics! Wink

Cheers.
Philip

(Nov 8, 2014, 15:48)MrB Wrote:  The image looks as though it was quite over-exposed when shot, the right hand side of the big tree trunk being almost completely burnt out white - probably only curable by cloning and/or copying. By restoring the colour, Ed's edit shows how desaturated it had become, and Ed has also shown that it needs more contrast in the water to bring out the reflections. If you have software with a "Despeckle" tool, that can remove some of the little bits on the water, which will also help the reflections to show.

Cheers.
Philip

(Nov 8, 2014, 15:48)MrB Wrote:  The image looks as though it was quite over-exposed when shot, the right hand side of the big tree trunk being almost completely burnt out white - probably only curable by cloning and/or copying. By restoring the colour, Ed's edit shows how desaturated it had become, and Ed has also shown that it needs more contrast in the water to bring out the reflections. If you have software with a "Despeckle" tool, that can remove some of the little bits on the water, which will also help the reflections to show.

Cheers.
Philip

Thanks, Phillip. I have a lot to learn about the various graphics softwares. That's what I wanted to do with the image. I have PS CS3, but haven't begun really trying to learn it yet. Am playing with Gimp. But, maybe I should decide on a software and only use one. I like what the PaintShop Pro X6 does. Actually, this is easier than oilpaints. LOL

(Nov 8, 2014, 16:50)MrB Wrote:  
(Nov 8, 2014, 12:27)EdMak Wrote:  ...this was 2mts P/S...
Cheers. Ed.

(Nov 8, 2014, 15:42)chris-6777 Wrote:  My try is cs6 aprox 2min
regards
Chris

Post-processing races might even make it into the 2020 Olympics! Wink

Cheers.
Philip

To Ed and Chris (hope you see this) These response boxes are not clear....Thanks for your replies. I really do appreciate the time you take in responding. I know this isn't going to be a slam dunk to learn, and also, Phillip actually showed me what I wanted. Gorgeous.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Freeman
Apr 20, 2015, 15:58
Last Post by EdMak
Nov 13, 2013, 09:39
Last Post by sdaupanner
Sep 25, 2013, 08:51