Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Worrisome workspaces.

CS2 Workspaces. :x

I customise the menus by removing unwanted items. Cool I colour the most useful items for easy identification. Cool I set up all the pallettes just as I need them, and merge pallettes for convenience. Cool I alter keystrokes, and I set specific brush heads etc. Cool
This takes AGES to set up. :|
Then I save the workspace. Smile

24 hours later...... "POP!" Gone!! :x :x :x :x :x

Where did the settings go? :/
Who stole them? :x
Did I imagine it all? :|
Where are the workspace files? :o
What's going on? Rolleyes
Do I have Gremlins, alien intruders, ghosties? :o :o :o

Rats! :x
Double rats!! :x :x

Cave canem

Knowing you, it must have been a cat... Big Grin

You know, that's a good point! :o

I've seen various c*ts in my monitor, (which is broken), and so it's resonable to assume that they're in the PC itself too...... :x

I think maybe I can smoke 'em out with a roll-up. Rolleyes

I'll try it later........................ Big Grin

Cave canem

Hey Rufus,

Here's something you might find interesting.

I'm just checking out some backup software called Genie Backup Manager Pro and one of its features is the ability to download unlimited free backup plug-ins for it... These plug-ins are simply little add-in scripts that allow you to do things like backup and restore your data, skins, settings, layout, toolbar settings, etc from your favourite programs like media player, winamp, MSN, IE, Norton Anti-Virus, Visual Studio, etc etc.

And sure enough there is a plugin for Photoshop CS2 on their website. So by downloading it and simply ticking a box, all your PS configuration and layout settings should be backed up for you along with the rest of your backup.
There are also ones for PSP9 and Photoshop 7 and no doubt many others..
It doesn't get much simpler than that.

Anyway, it made me think of you and this thread... so I thought I'd post the info here. The Home version of the software is US$50 and the Pro version is US$70, and you can download a free trial. I haven't done a backup or restore with it yet so can't speak from experience, but it comes highly recommended.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

hi

as a matter of interested i did the same some time ago with ps cs2 and then started getting slower and slower nor the nemus are very weird, i can not read them.

i was thinking because of my brushes, i have too many.

maybe i should reload ps.

oooh i have norton ghost and two hard drives for backups.

regards

christian