Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Xmas Market Man

[Image: XmasMarketMan.jpg]

Alas, no snow - it doesn't really feel like a Christmas market without snow. At least the weather cleared up, we had the first nice day after ten days of gray fog.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

You can almost read his lips saying "Ba, Humbug!" -- a modern-day Scrooge!

Well, I'm sure he's a really nice guy when some stranger isn't taking his picture.. Wink

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

His facial expresions make him look like he is going to put that walking stick right throught your lens Big Grin , great capture

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Nice shot and composition g! You've caught him in the moment.

Only gripe would be that it looks like you're selectively blurred bits of the background, but it's not very even, so some bits (like the people's shoes, and the roof in the top left) are still sharp, which makes it look a bit manipulated.

Oh yes, ST, it is manipulated! With this one I really had my problems. I wasn't planning to portrait the man and had the aperture set to 8 to have more DOF. Everything was perfectly sharp, the background was cluttered and the man lost in it. When I shot again with the aperture wide open, he was already walking away from me. I tried to create a narrower DOF by manipulation, but obviously failed...

You have a keen eye, ST! Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I agree the uneven dof is an issue--especially close the the edge of the man. But this is sure an interesting shot.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

guerito Wrote:Oh yes, ST, it is manipulated! With this one I really had my problems. I wasn't planning to portrait the man and had the aperture set to 8 to have more DOF. Everything was perfectly sharp, the background was cluttered and the man lost in it. When I shot again with the aperture wide open, he was already walking away from me. I tried to create a narrower DOF by manipulation, but obviously failed...

You have a keen eye, ST! Smile

Sorry, that was my point... the goal of manipulation is to make it appear as natural as possible. But if you can spot that it's obviously been manipulated, then the effect isn't quite as good. Smile

Good try nonetheless Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by kNox
Dec 9, 2013, 03:48