• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Yosemite Young Buck

Taken Yesterday. (Sunday)

[Image: yosemite%20buck%2001.jpg]

Beautiful shot of a beautiful animal Craig. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

nice. very nice.

wow you must have been very close at 70mm. are we looking at a product of the 70-200 f/4L? i was thinking it was the f/4L b/c the shot was at f/4L, but then i saw the shutter speed of 1/50. was it IS, good hand holding, and/or tripod that made such a sharp shot?
thank you for not stripping exif.

-your web buddy

Thank You Smile

This was taken just after before sunset in the bottom of Yosemite Valley, the light wasn't great so I chose to use flash. The deer was probably 50 feet away and I slowly walked upto it without spooking it, I got down to about 10 feet. The deer in Yosemite can be fairly tame, especially the youngsters.

The lense was a Quantaray 70-300 F4-5.6. No IS, no tripod. The lense is a cheap telephoto, around $150, Quantaray are rebadged tamrons or Sigma's, depending on the exact lens you buy.

The sharpness I will have to claim as my rock steady grip Tongue

I love the detail in the horns, buckskin? The background is really nice. At this age their ears look so big if you compare them with the head... Beautiful picture Bob Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Buckskin is the leather made from the hide, the material covering the horns they call velvet. It will start to peel very soon.

wow. you are like a rock.

Awesome shot! Amazing how you got so close! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by jjford43
Mar 11, 2018, 12:08
Last Post by EdMak
Jul 2, 2017, 13:00
Last Post by Rolf
Jan 29, 2015, 16:18