Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zoological

Took these today at Monarto Zoological Park (South Australia). The kids loved it.
It is an open range, safari style bus tour. I was suprised how close to the animals you get. One of the giraffes come right up and started to lick the window for some reason but I was too busy watching the kids amazement to get the shot...

I took loads of pics but these two stand out so far. All comments / critical or otherwise are welcome.

[Image: giraffescolour.jpg]

[Image: Lion.jpg]

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

fantastic shots smarti,

#2 could be any where but the zoo....
#1 I like the exposure..is it a crop? I would have like more of the main subject, but still well done!!

Great shots...love the lion!
Jan

well done!
#2 is quite moody, great subject and nice shot.

personnally, I find #1 a bit busy and it's a shame non of the giraffed is actually facing your or in profile. I know you're not to blame, because with living subjects you can never predict what they're gonna do the next second, but I always try to capture the eye of an animal.

I can see why your kids enjoyed this trip! Smile

uli

Nice photos Smarti. My wife loves the giraffes.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Here is a couple more 'in the eye' shots. I still prefer the interaction in the previous group shot though.

[Image: giraffeeye2.jpg]

[Image: giraffeeye.jpg]

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Wonderful, clear shots. I like em all! Imagine photographing these in the wild?! Wink

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Great series, love the lion, like previously said, could be in the wild from the look of that.

Wow, I think that second set is just great. supersharp, and right on. I prefer theses to the confusion on the first shot, but it's a good thing people have different preferences SmileSmileSmile

uli

wulinka Wrote:Wow, I think that second set is just great. supersharp, and right on. I prefer theses to the confusion on the first shot, but it's a good thing people have different preferences SmileSmileSmile

uli
Excellent work. ( sounds like a schoolmaster :o)

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Love these, looks like fun!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Last ones, I promise...

[Image: cheetah.jpg]

[Image: Lion2.jpg]

Thanks for all the comments.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

That's awesome smarti! I love those giraffe shots! The "group" one is especially good, as you say.

I love open range zoos - I went to the Werribbee Open Range zoo a few years back on a "photo tour" (pressie from wife) . Instead of the bus, we got to travel in the back of an open jeep so we could get really close to the animals..

It was back when I was shooting film, but I think I got some scans...

Here they are!
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=169