Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zoom Zoom Zoom

I had to try this kind of pictures... Smile I was not sure about the post processing... and I played a bit with the colors ...

This is my best... but still I have those white lines... :/

[Image: IMG_6723-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6729-Edit-3.jpg]

I tried to make a bw version but I miss the colors ...

[Image: IMG_6729-Edit-2.jpg]

Thanks for looking ... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hi, Irma! I assume that you were zooming the lens during the exposure. The results will obviously be unpredictable, but interesting images can (obviously) be achieved. How do the images using this technique compare night time vs day time?.

Regards.....Dennis

I think your processing is spot on - wouldn't change a thing. I also miss the color - and prefer #2 to #3. Especially as how the muted palette in #2 is so nice...

these are good Irma. I think the white lines in #1 actually add to the picture rather than subtract. they act as leading lines

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Thank you for your comments... Smile

Dennis: This has been my only try. But you can see in the Zooming technique group in flickr more pictures. They have some in daylight too. Most pictures give information how they were taken.

Toad: I have some gradients I did myself to work with colors. In these pictures the Gradient Map layer was set to multiply...

RP I tried a quick cloning of the lines in #1 but I didn't like it much. I was missing the light of the lines. I tried a tight crop and it looked too tight... So I left it as it is... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Irma, these are interesting works, I loved what you tried. But these people, or couple impressive in these pictures, I loved them much more than the white lines... Well done,

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Thanks nia,
I have to go out and try this again... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by melvin
Mar 5, 2013, 19:37