Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

another family home

I went to give the brick-pickers their pictures today, and incidentally found that a bunch of these people, mostly women, are not actually taking down their own houses but hired by residents from the neighbourhood to help them. Or at least that's what it looks like, as I found some of them in other places today than two days ago.

Bear with me for just a few more from that site.

The happy-go-lucky from the other day is actually the owner of the place they were working but he wasn't there today. The women were working just down the street at another building.

[Image: _MG_9432.jpg]

next to this site is a small house I have walked by before, is another little house, one of those left among the rubble, I had noticed it before.

[Image: _MG_9114.jpg]

the young woman living in this house and her neighbour were standing by the demolition site, each with their baby in arms.

[Image: _MG_9442.jpg]

[Image: _MG_9440.jpg]

[Image: _MG_9449.jpg]
another family portrait....

[Image: _MG_9431.jpg]
...and the two guys (1.5 years) learning to drive

These are not perfect conversions from my tiffs, but again, this series is not so much about the artisitc quality
of the pics.

Thanks for looking, comments welcome!

Uli

The portraits of the women with the babies are very sweet.... They look so happy, and I can see the weather was a bit better this time??
I would suggest a crop in the picture of the kids. The blue in the lower part makes them look a bit far, I think.

Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I'm always struck in these photos with the smiles - the people seem very happy. I wonder how many smiles like that you would see if you took photos at most workplaces in this country.

I'd like to add something to this thread, though I hope it's not taken in the wrong way.

First of all, Wulinka and I live in the same city, Hefei, Anhui province, China. She is the one who introduced me to this site. I have also been struck by similar scenes, and in a hope to give validity to what she has already said I offer a few pictures I have taken of different areas, but similar scenes.

This room was part of an apartment that was demolished so that a new overpass could be built. If you notice on the left is a blanket on a bed. Though when I took this picture I did not know for certain if someone still lived there, when it was confirmed when I saw someone sleeping there later that night.

[Image: hollowed%20house.jpg]

This is a black and white of another room that was gutted.
[Image: 54_destructino3.jpg]

people often stay in derelict houses or actually the houses they are in the process of building while they are working on the construction. Chinese people (as in workmen) are extremly modest, to say the least, in their choice of bedding.... #

I like the second shot for its perspective, and the b/w adds to the tristesse of the scene, nice work!

Uli

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Sep 24, 2017, 18:39
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
May 29, 2016, 20:13