Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

backdrops

Hi everyone

Does anyone where I can buy a backdrop for porttraits? something cheap?

Regards

Christian

Cheapest is to buy some nicely textured fabric from a local department store.

Hey Christian,

Good to see you're still alive! Are you still up North? You can get some nice fabrics from Textile Traders that would suit your purpose. That would be the cheapest option.

I use some from there for backgrounds and flooring, bigger cuts will cost you still though. For a 6m x 3m section expect anywhere from $60 to $100.00

J

Sorry to bump up a kind of old thread but what textures/colours do you reccomend using?

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

The material is fairly irrelevant, something that doesn't crease is handy though. Depending on the wall behind your backdrop the thickness of the material can be important but you can get away with double layering it with a black behind or a white if you want a lighter shade.

I have mainly dark colours, blues, black, purple, green. I'm not a fan of putting a lot of light onto backdrops unless they are paper or stretched well as they tend to look rather untidy. Lighting back through the backdrop with a light behind can work quite well if you do any glamour white shots.

I've attached an example of the above style with two blue pieces of material to give you a sort of window feel.

[Image: IMG_2849-1.jpg]

Hi everyone

thanks for the info,

J.....yes, still here in the midlle of nowhere. just love this country.

take care

Christian

StudioJ Wrote:I've attached an example of the above style with two blue pieces of material to give you a sort of window feel.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/images...2849-1.jpg

yess.... please post more...err... examples.... Big Grin

test: I am thinking you are shuttertalk, and I think we need many more 'examples' haha
StudioJ: That is a good use of the backdrop, it looks untide when you only see the top but when you look at the entireimage it kindof gives the image a border, its a good use of small fabrics, keep up the awesome photography :-)

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

That photo has a backdrop?

Toad Wrote:That photo has a backdrop?
Stole the words right outta my keyboard. Tongue

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images