• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

bottle and cork (5 small size images)

What do you think about this?

[Image: bottlecork01.jpg]

[Image: bottlecork02.jpg]

[Image: bottlecork05.jpg]

[Image: bottlecork10.jpg]

[Image: bottlecork11.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I like the first one the most, the color and lighting in it seem better. Great series.

Thanks Bob Smile I placed everything near the window, and yes, the sky was clearer when I took the first one.

Paul Cezanne

I like #4 for the comp. You can read the label. But it is much too dark. I think this is the best one. Can you clean it up?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I think yes, maybe a little contrast will do. I'll try Smile Thanks for your comment BTW.

Paul Cezanne

I like the color one best - because the green makes the bottle stand out - in the other shots, I tend to see only the cork and not realize that there is a bottle lurking in the shadows. I think #4 has the best composition.

Here is #4 lightened, but what do you think about the reflection in the bottle? Could it be taken as a mistake in the picture? I really don't know what to do with this... :|

[Image: bottlecork10lighter.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

Toad; yes I like the green color with the background. Thanks for your comment Smile

Paul Cezanne

How about this. I used my favorite tool Shadow/highlight and removed the shadowing. I used the dodge tool to help bring out the lettering in areas that were dark. I then selected the area from the cork back and applied a gaussian blur and viola! I think it could have used a counter clockwise rotation of 2 degrees.

[Image: 71_bottlecork10.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hey, you are great! You did it beautifuly... I won't forget your favorite tool anymore... Thanks a lot!! Smile

Paul Cezanne

Getting good light with glass is quite a challenge. Backlighting or bottom-lighting bottles is very common. Controlling reflections is a separate issue - you can use a combination of black and white reflectors placed strategically around the bottle to offset them.

This is a bit off topic, but it might give you some food for thought:
http://www.tabletopstudio.com/documents/...graphy.htm

And look how complex this studio setup is, just to photograph a few bottles!
http://www.pwcphoto.com/Sets/Colored_Bot...le-set.htm

Cool

After watching this studio, I can see that it is very difficult to get something really good. However, I will read the article, it gives advice and probably I can improve my picture. Thanks for your comment Smile

Thanks patch for your comment. I would love to see your pictures, if you tried. Smile

My favorite is number #5 because it shows the shape of the bottle, and I don't need the lable to show that it is a bottle... However, I will give another try, I'm sure that with your comments, my next series will be much better Smile

Paul Cezanne

very interesting irma. i like the first shot. but i would have prefered to crop out the label on the bottle, it's a little distracting.

hmmm... i'd like to try some out later. Wink

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Dec 9, 2013, 07:56