Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

canon7D view finder image issue

Can anyone shed any light on an issue I have with my canon 7D, when I am using a lense with a long focal length in bright sunsishine or day light the image in the view finder appears grainy around the edges but remains clear in the middle, its not vignetting as it dosnt show in the printed image, I have been on line some guys say its normal for this piece of kit, some say its an overlay on the LCD ? my local kit shop hasn't come across this, i havnt noticed it in any other of my previous cameras but I havnt had anything so professional before any ideas any one :o)

Not come across it with any canon camera I have had but they have not been so high end. I would suggest asking Canon.

(Aug 18, 2013, 09:06)Dean Wrote:  Not come across it with any canon camera I have had but they have not been so high end. I would suggest asking Canon.

Cheers Dean I've got a canon help line number thought I'd try external help first before phoning and coming across as a complete Luddite ;o)

Are these grainy appears only in the view finder or does also appear in the screen of your PC?

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Its only in the view finder ive looked at images on my pc and blown them up to a good size but they are ok :o(

Are you using a lens hood. Ed.

Hi ED as soon as I saw your thread I tried it with and without a hood luckily it is sunny on and off in Cheshire at the moment so had the conditions I described and it was the same results with the hood and without, ;o(

If it's not a "pure" V/F, is there any Firmware updates?? Ed.

Been checking a few things out, seems camera software is up to date

I have noticed the same thing with my 7D and just assumed it was normal. Do you wear glasses? Perhaps you are not able to get your eye close enough to the viewfinder.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Mar 12, 2020, 04:53