Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

city and guilds landscape

hi guys i have another landscape image for you. it was taken at Scarborough, let me know what you think Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

(Nov 29, 2013, 12:21)funkymunky Wrote:  hi guys i have another landscape image for you. it was taken at Scarborough, let me know what you think Smile

What's the subject of the image?
What story are you trying to tell?

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
D2Xs, D200's, D100's, LightRoom, CS-CC
2HowardsPhoto.biz

On my monitor, this print is flat, it may be intended, and,/or as seen. What do the 2 prints I have posted look like in comparison, on your monitor. Bear in mind your original posted pic is only 175Kbs. What course stage are you on, has the Tutor touched on print/colour quality, or similar. Thanks. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

hi bud, am on city n guilds level 1 for these images we have only covered the basics in colour contrast etc.. the 2 prints you have posted on my monitor look very bright in the green areas, kinda too much. my intention for this image was to interpret the dramatic sky, dark lonely house at the end of the long path. the original image size was 16m but the site doesnt let me load it any bigger than 200kb. Sad your second composition is nice but to me it doesnt fit with the dramatic sky, overcast day.

Thanks, essentially, you are happy with your print. Ed.

Stage further. What are your thoughts on the prints on this link, and, did you download mine also. Thanks Ed.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/Thread...uilds-work

For me the original image seems unbalanced in lighting - parts of the sky seem too bright and the land seems too dark; there is also a slight green tint everywhere. Nature often does a pretty good job of being dramatic, and this is a scene in which a more natural look appeals to me, e.g. -

Philip

I like the portrait view and Philip’s processing does it justice. Still got the broody sky and cold day effect, but not a grey day. Pity the road goes out of view near the bottom. Spoils the flow, for me.

I like the tonality and colour rendition of the original. My only beef would be with the composition. The beach adds nothing and the picture would benefit with having it cropped out. The house needs to be either further in the picture or avoided altogether and, as Dean said, pity the road briefly disappears near the bottom.

My 'improvement':
[Image: example.jpg]

From posters response, re my garish colours etc, I think we both see the same "Quality" . There is a picture here, to me, but not Moody. Worth revisiting. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by RobertMurariu
Apr 25, 2017, 12:54
Last Post by delb0y
Mar 12, 2017, 14:46
Last Post by MrB
Feb 16, 2016, 12:16