Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

continuing the flower theme - new life!

These were taken just on a walk through a garden.

One had the incorrect white balance selected, see if you can tell which one Smile

I think they worked anyways. Thoughts as always.

[Image: blueflower.jpg]

[Image: pinkflower.jpg]

Camera: Nikon D70
Level: Eager Amateur
Area of speciality: Sceneries
Area of Learning: Portraiture

Lovely DOF effect on both, although sharpness on the 2nd flower is not that great.

I think #1 could work well if you trimmed off the leaf in the bottom left, and made the colour shift more pronounced (make it look like you meant it!). Hahah... otherwise, maybe try correcting the colour in Photoshop?

I am really getting into and using DOF far more than I thought at the moment and it's working well.

How do I cahnge the colour in photoshop for white balance.. is it a colour replace thingo or should I see something special?

Your comments on the second one are very constructive ST, thanks. I think if I got the correct white balance with the first one I'd be happier. I got a few others snapped off but I have posted these here cos I like the "flowerbud" concept.

I use Bibble to correct WB and exposure.. I took the liberty of meddling with your pic.

[Image: blueflower-wb.jpg]

thanks Bob... it looks almost like the colour it was supposed to be.. nice work.

For CS how would I do similar.. I have searched for and failed to find my white balance adjuster. Does any one know?

I think from what you've done there.. a close crop of the subject of the pic would work well.

Thanks for your help! I'll send all of my pictures to you when I select "indoor fluorescent" as my WB for an outdoor shot Wink

http://www.bairarteditions.com/pages/tut...evels.html

The above has a tutorial on color balance and white balance in photoshop.

Bob, you can stay in our community now. Smile

LOL, Thank you Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post