Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

flowers in the breeze

[Image: File0029.jpg]

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

Hi Patch

yes very nice, nice color. Composition lucks a bit. Uuuhm where is the center of interest? Always look for that little thing that catch your eyes.

Maybe something like this?

Regards

Christian[Image: 73_File0029.jpg]

Patch,
I like this. Seems like something I'd see on a calender or card. The crop Christian posted also works well and he has a good point. However, I think with an image like this a rule can be broken.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Prefer the Original post, nice capture.

Great shot patch! Did you manipulate the picture? The DOF seems uneven, which adds a beautiful effect! It seems like some are glowing...

Your picture is full of life and colors I love it! Big Grin

I also like the blurred touch you did I think is really great and nice idea BTW....

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

thanks for the comments guys.

true that there's no real centre of focus, but i thought a wider view would give a better sense of an open field.

photo manupulation was just the normal crop, level adjustments and some USM to correct the film scanning effects.

used a standard 50mm for this shot, set at about f4, was close to the flowers to make sure background would blur nicely. waited for the wind to die down, but not completely, and when the 2 flowers in the centre "stood" relatively still, pressed the shutter. the remaining wind did the rest.

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

Oh .. of course! Wind! That's what made some flowers blur.. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post