Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

focus dam!

I was going through a few shots, these are a couple I keep going back too.

If only I had nailed the focus........any how I thought I would share em!

[Image: IMG_0203%20copy.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0204%20copy.jpg]

Nice shots Russ. It seems as though your family is competing with the tree in #1. It is still a great shot aside from the focus like you said. #2 is is a great family portrait. Again the focus is off but it is still a very nice photo. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

The branch coming out of the shot towards the camera is the problem with the autofocus... only thing you could do is switch to manual focus if that is an option.

Why don't you try sharpening in software (oh no I said it...agggh)?

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Hey nice candid shots, Russt!

I think the sharpness is fine - you probably won't be able to tell if you print them out.

The first one is very appealing to me - I tried a portrait crop which hopefully takes out the some of the distractions but still leaves enough to be interesting.

[Image: 49_IMG_0203%20copy.jpg]

thanks for your comments.. and the crop suggestion I can see what you mean ST.

I was using the AIAF focus back when those shots were taken I think that has someting to do with it! It would have been good in people were not the subject!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post