Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

foggy morning

Very foggy this morning!
Couldn't even see the buildings in the city;
Here are just some snapshots.
This was taken on the way to uni... I was the driver, but of course, I took the pictures when the car was not moving Smile Both taken through the front windscreen (which was very dirty)

[Image: foggy%20morning1.jpg]

[Image: foggy%20morning.jpg]

And then I was 5 minutes late for my lecture. After the lecture, there were blue skies Sad

Wow, disappearing buildings! Big Grin

yea i got some of that fog this morning too. First time i actually took the camera to uni today! Tongue

[Image: IMG_8023.jpg]

Great stuff guys,

Love your 2nd shot Adam (reminds me of City 17 in Half Life 2), and yours is superb as well Lak. Excellent composition with the fog blocking out all the distracting background stuff, leaving the strong lines, trees and the soft wire pattern that all work really well together. I really enjoy these type of shots. Big Grin

I missed the fog yesterday morning (I don't "do" mornings), but I did catch the speccy sunset this evening. Did anyone else see it? Smile

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I wanted to get some fog shots, but was running late for work Sad We're not supposed to take photos on base here anyways, which sucks...

Cheers,

Brad

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

- Albert Einstein

Oh that reminds me. I was in Sydney in November last year and we visited the blue mountains, which is famous for its picturesque rock formations and scenery (as you can see on the board). Well this was the view we got on that particular day...

[Image: DSCF3042.jpg]

As I was driving past the Swan Brewery on Mounts Bay road yesterday, it looked very cool. Outside, there is a ship, an old one, the one made of wood Tongue And everything else (in the background) was all fogged out, with fog over the river; looked so cool, but I was running late for class already Sad otherwise I would have stopped to shoot!

but the fog gave a really nice effect! with the distracting background naturally hidden, and the fog over the water giving it a 'ghostly' feel...

Nice picture Laksa! Smile Long time haven't seen you on here Big Grin

Ghost ship!! Big Grin

Watch out for the ghost pirates! Big Grin

That's exactly the picture I had in mind! Smile

omg.. that really IS a ghost ship!

I saw that same ship moored outside the swan brewery last Friday on the way to work (and it was cold, wet and foggy then too). That was the day I picked up my camera, so all day I was thinking "oo, I hope its still there on the way home when I can shoot it" and was going to take some photos from the boat-ramp just on the south side of the narrows bridge.
But it was dark and absolutely pouring with rain on the way home, and I couldn't even see if the boat was there or not (heading south on narrows bridge), so I gave it a miss hoping it would be there for a few days. But I haven't seen it since Sad

That's great if it has been back though Smile
Was it flying a cool flag when you saw it too?
Sounds like your fog was better than mine though, coz mine was more just grey drizzley-rainy-type stuff... yours sounds like "smoke on the water"... <reaches for air guitar> na na naaaa, na na na naaa, na na naaaa, na naaaaaaaaa.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Oh, last friday was soooooo cold and rainy!!!!!!

I saw interesting coloured skies this afternoon, went outside to take photographs, but it was drizzling Sad and my camera got a few drops on it! Sad I want to take photographs in the rain but don't want to spoil my camera Sad

Wow shuttertalk! Such a view! Sad
When I went there it was hazy, giving it the blueness, but then wasn't THAT bad Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Apr 19, 2017, 03:13
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Mar 4, 2017, 19:10
Last Post by EnglishBob
Aug 30, 2016, 12:43