Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

from Singapore

I went to Singapore for about 2 weeks straight after my exams, for a bit of a holiday and also to attend my sister's wedding (shots coming Smile)
I'd like to share with you some of my 'travel' shots.

#1 [Image: 310798190_53da130a74.jpg]

#2 [Image: 310798893_063b121865.jpg]

#3[Image: 310809664_260f24f9f0.jpg]

#4[Image: 310806613_2a066b5172.jpg]

#5[Image: 310805683_a32e0f5084.jpg]

I'll show more later on.. the rest of what I've put up can be seen on my flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adamadam/se...399880045/

Fantastic work Adam, both here and on Flickr. I have to say that #2 is my favourite out of this set, with #3 a close second. On Flickr, you have a great range of subjects, and I've e-mailed the link to the set to someone who will be visiting the city for the first time in just a few weeks.

For some reason, I find your "Hotel Corridor" very compelling. Neat stuff.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanks matthew Smile
I love going to Singapore for buying camera/computer/guitar stuff, it's cheaper than here.
I was there for 2 weeks, so had a lot of time just to 'hang around', but instead of going to many new places, I ended up going to the same old places. The new place that I went to was "Vivocity" which was a huge shopping centre at Harbourfront, near the old "world trade centre". It's got many many shops there, but mostly all clothes Sad

The hotel corridor Smile I took that while waiting outside for the groom to arrive, my sister was preparing for her big day inside the room Tongue

Thanks for looking Big Grin

good series of shots Adam,

my picks would be #3 and #4

I hope the wedding went well............so any new toys??

Love the shots Adam.

Canon stuff.

It looks to have changed since I was there in 1991, The merlion is definitely in a different setting. I remember everything as clinical/pristine/clean. Not really any character. All my shots then were on video and alas the camera is Kaput..

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks for the replies Big Grin
Russt - not many new toys as I'd usually get - I think I've run out of toys to get AND money, and since my wallet cannot handle it, I can't look at the toys with the intention of getting it Tongue I did get a line6 variax 600 though, but it's not a photography toy unless I was to take photographs of it Smile The wedding went well, a simple wedding, and nice.

NT73 - I also think a lot has changed since 1991. Like the relocation of the Merlion Smile
So your video tapes, you can't watch them because the camera kaput? Sad

Beautiful pictures all Adam...
It looks like a wonderful place Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Nice work mate, I love going to singapore heading there later this week for a bit of relax before xmas, not sure if I will get right into taking photos, but might make a few snaps.

great series thanks for sharing

by the way what lens you using for those shots?

Thanks Smile Irma - It's a wonderful place for holidays (for me, because the guitar stuff, camera stuff, computer stuff is cheaper than here Tongue) and also nice just to walk around and see... I guess any temporary change of environment is nice for me.

Jbman - #1, #3 and #4 were taken using my Tokina 12-24 and #2 and #5 taken using 70-200 Smile

adam Wrote:Thanks for the replies Big Grin

NT73 - I also think a lot has changed since 1991. Like the relocation of the Merlion Smile
So your video tapes, you can't watch them because the camera kaput? Sad
Only the master tapes I can't view but I have copies on full size video tape.
We had a big trip for our 25th wedding anniversary. HK, Bali, Thailand, Singapore and the Maldives (about 24 days total) HK airport was relocated shortly after our trip.

Lovely to see the pics though.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Well presented Adam, great images of a beautiful city!

Rene

To be heard, you must be seen.

The photos are all really nice,some great shots.I enjoyed the ones on Flickr too.I was wondering if their strait from the camera or did you have to touch them up.
Lorraine

They were shot in RAW, then using Digital Photo Professional which came with the camera, I applied the picture styles - like to make the monotone images: the sepia and the black and white. Big Grin

Great shots!! # 3 is pretty funky, very nice, and very dynamic. Must be an interesting place to visit! Does your sister live there?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Peted
Apr 8, 2005, 02:07