Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

fun with light

I'm guessing that all of you guys have done it, but this was my first time. Our tutor taught us flash n blur, and as soon as I got home that night I was experimenting and having a great time!

I know these are a bit cheesy, but I had to show just how much fun I was having.

[Image: DSC_3587.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3593.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3594.jpg]

Big Grin

be honest... I can take it.
-

www.lukeray.com

Luke,

I'm new at this, so my opinion may not count as much. I do like the one at top, though the mirrors are a bit distracting. But for just having fun I think the technique is pretty cool. I'm not quite sure what flash and blur is, but I'm guessing you set your camera to a long shutter speed, moved the lights around a lot in a dark room and then somewhere in there had a flash go off to capture some still motion? Is that close or not? I am curious how you set the setting though to account for the light coming in on the flash.

DJ

These photos are a lot of fun. I'd say that my favourite is the first one specifically because of the reflections, but I understand why other people won't like them.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Here was my next attempt at using it out in the street, trying handheld at night:

[Image: night-22.jpg]

and DJ, you're spot on with the previous shots. The flash went off at the start.

-

www.lukeray.com

I don't remembe to have tried this, but it looks great! I like a lot #1... The reflection gave me a nice idea to play with... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:The reflection gave me a nice idea to play with... Smile
great!

-

www.lukeray.com

Great job Luke! Smile
I love playing around with stuff like this. It almost doesn't matter how the photos turn out, it's just heaps of fun actually taking the shots.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Pegger3D
Jun 29, 2016, 11:11