Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

heartless

[Image: 2%20small.jpg]

[Image: 61_1%20%20small3.jpg]

[Image: 61_1%20%20small3.jpg]

I was trying to go for a more deadly sexy look. Can anyone tell me how to reduce the grainyness of the picture? Many thanks.

Gravity won't get us high.

Personally, I kind of like the grain on this shot.

I have not used it, but Noise Ninja seems to be the bees knees. I am presuming noise, rather than grain, unless you are using film.
I can't see much noise at this resolution though. I don't know about sexy, but sultry comes to mind.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hi;

Nobody else has mentioned this, but the second image wasn't displaying for me, so I took the liberty of fixing the link. I hope you don't mind. (I left the original link above it as well, just to make sure that I didn't break anything that was working. If anyone can see both, let me know.)

They're both very attractive photos, but the feel of them is different. The B&W and expression on the first is more contemplative and keeps the subject (or rather the viewer) at a distance. The second image, with the strong colour and eye contact, is much more engaging and striking.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

thankyou! yeah, the second image didn't work as soon as I posted it, so I just kind of left it because I'd posted it three times and still no luck, so thanks for fixing it! and thanks for your comments Smile

Gravity won't get us high.

The second shot is far closer to your intended end - like both shots and the grain is fine for me (Noise Ninja is good if you want to get rid of grain/noise).

Canon stuff.