Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

motor bikes [ 7 pictures in post ]

I went up to a friends shed yesterday, and there were a few nice bikes and scooters lying around collecting dust. I wanted to get some interesting shots of them but more on the details, and not overall 'whole bike' shots. I can't really say what I was trying to achieve... just wanted to make some interesting photos. The tricky thing was the light in there. I used ISO800 which comes out fairly grainy on my D100 unfortunately.

I'm reallying enjoying what my new 18-200mm VR can do though.. I can get really close in when I want and make the most of the DoF. Sometimes I think I go a bit far with it, but maybe I'm going through a DoF phase because I seem to be enjoying it!

[Image: factory_dec07-1.jpg]

[Image: factory_dec07-2.jpg]

[Image: factory_dec07-3.jpg]

[Image: factory_dec07-5.jpg]

[Image: factory_dec07-6.jpg]

[Image: factory_dec07-7.jpg]

[Image: factory_dec07-8.jpg]

be honest... I can take it.
-

www.lukeray.com

Great detail shots. My favourite is the speedo one.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Very nice pictures all Luke.
What kind of light did you have? In some pictures I could say you have fluorecent, but in others I see the reflection of a window.

My favs in this series would be the bw pictures... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks for sharing these, it makes for an interesting essay and gives a great sense of the bikes and the place without needing to show too much. The one with the yellow shock and the big-white-blown-out-something doesn't really work for me, but the rest do. My favourite is the photo of the rear-view mirror.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

The only prob;em with the 18-200 VR is that you will never put any of your other lenses back on the camera again....

Irma, you are right on both counts. There is flouro and natural (of sorts) but they are both very poor. I will post a pic again later to show the space a bit more so you can understand where it was. Then hopefully you guys can comment on the lighting situation.

be honest... I can take it.
-

www.lukeray.com

Nice series Luke - the BW ones stand out and I also like the first image. But I would like to see an overall shot to get a fell for the whole story.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post